Droid Atrix HD Froze and shut off, help!!

Amber Brown1

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I just got this Motorola Droid Atrix HD from AT&T less than a month ago. Today I was in the car, my phone was on a car charger. My screen froze up and wouldn't do anything. I tried pushing the power button and nothing worked. I then pushed the volume down button and power button at the same time, held them down and the phone shut off. The phone will not turn on now. I've had it connected to the car charger, wall charger, and to the computer, it doesn't even light like it's charging. I am so frustrated!!!! Does anyone have any answers for me, or am I going to have to raise caine at the AT&T store tomorrow?

Amber Brown1

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Update: While plugged in to the computer, I pushed Volume up+Volume down+power, and held it down for a few seconds. The green light blinked a few times and stayed on for a couple seconds after I let the buttons go. Still nothing :(

BusyManNVA

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I have the problem from time to time with my Atrix HD. In fact, had it when I first got the phone. Usually when it happens, i notice that the back of the phone is warm. When it happens, I shut the phone down for a few hours, then let it charge on a wall charger overnight. Mind you, this is just based on my experience, can't guarantee that it works for everyone.

ThePurpleAndroid

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Just had a resident of the gated community I work at come up here to use phone because she had let her Atrix go completely dead and she had plugged in, but it wasn't doing anything. The back light was on (glowing black screen) but it wouldn't turn off or anything. She has had the phone since June and said she has had a similar problem twice since she's had it.

~??Holliewood??~

Primed4nexus

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
It happens to me quite a lot. when that happens to me I do notice that the back gets pretty hot. so I let it sit a few minutes and press and hold the power button and both vol+ and vol- at the same time. normally the green android bug shows up with its chest compartment open with a "!". It sounds bad it its a good thing in this situation. from there I just hold down the same buttons again and it reboots

mkewin

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have an atrix HD. When I woke up this morning the message (green) light was blinking I went to turn the screen on and it just stayed black. I then tried to just shut the phone off but of course I couldn't see the screen to ok it. So I just held the the power button down for a while and the phone/processor started vibrating in my hand. Now I have nothing no power doesn't seem to be charging, just nothing. Anyone have any ideas?????? I tried holding volume and power button already.

jayhags

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
i connected my atrix to my tv via the hdmi jack, and can view the screen on the tv (turn your phone 90 degrees counter clockwise to orient it w/the landscape view the tv gives). this way you can at least communicate, and copy contact info if you've not sync'd all that. oddly, the screen on my atrix comes alive for a period of time while connected this way. i still plan to try a factory reset to fix the problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc