Docking and Charging issues

jfeldman78

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Atrix HD for a while now and it seems like anytime I get in the car and put it in my universal dock and plug it in to charge it gets so hot that it stops charging. I have done this several times in the last couple weeks and it does it every time. I've tried turning the AC on in the car so it keeps the phone cool and it doesn't matter it gets hot and stops charging. Takes about 10 minutes to cool down then the charge starts again for about 15-20 minutes. Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it? I'm guessing there is no fix for it but gotta check...

Primed4nexus

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Does this happen when charging the phone normally in a wall outlet? If not then it sounds like the port you are plugging the dock into is sending too strong of an electric current for the phone to handle. IdK what kind of car you drive but try plugging the dock into a different power source like a cigarette lighter or maybe a secondary power outlet. For example I drive a Toyota Camry. I have 2 power outlets, one in the center console armrest and one inside the center console storage underneath the stereo. Try that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20