Trying out the Atrix HD

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello...

I have an HTC One X that I love... but I recently dropped the phone (you can read the sad story here and the glass cracked.

I'm not really in a position to replace it yet. However I have a co-worker who had an atrix HD who bought it and didn't like it and was basically keeping it in his desk drawer while he returned to his feature phone (this was his first smartphone wasn't his bag). He is letting me use it for awhile, and while it wasn't what I had my heart set on, figured I ought to give it a fair shake.

My initial impression (which I mentioned in the other post) was somewhat negative, I like the Hox screen better... and I am simply used to things on it. But figure I should give this phone a fair shake which I can pick up a lot cheaper than another Hox or One. I do like the microsd slot. Hell I'm even trying to give this circles widget a shot.

So, that being said, what are things I should be on the lookout for? What are some things to convince me to maybe stick with this phone?

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Well via I am sticking with this Atrix HD for now mainly because I don't have to pay for it.

This forum seems dead guess it isn't that popular? I'll admit I wasn't that excited about our at first but am warming up to it... Once I got it properly customized it was mostly comparable to my HOX in terms of what I can do with it. Apart from the camera anyway. A few of the touches I even like better... While I don't like not having dedicated buttons especially given the wasted space at the bottom I do like how it can sneak a menu button on there without wasting more real estate... I think I like the circles widget more than the classic htc clock and weather... It does more...

Also I know battery life was supposed to be a big knock on this phone but it seems to be about the same I was getting with my hox...maybe the jb update improved that?

Anyway not a bad little phone (seems weird to regard this as small wasn't long ago the Infuse was considered ridiculously large and it had the same size screen (albeit much worse resolution)..

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Eruditass

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Yup, unfortunately this forum is pretty dead. The XDA forums seem like one of the more active forums for this device.

This device has piqued my interest and I may be picking one up in the near future.

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Well the Atrix HD got me through a couple months, but I finally exchanged it towards an HTC One.

It wasn't a bad phone, and I already miss the circles widget. If anyone knows of an equivalent (I found an .apk but it would require the moto launcher) I'd like to know of it.

Until then, think bigger and better things await moto. This phone felt unloved, not sure just not exciting enough I guess.

Roger Gibbens

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
This isn't a very active forum, seemingly, but I have just joined. I will add that I have had the HD for less than 1 month (had the Atrix 2) and I am very impressed with it. I am most surprised that I get more battery life than I had with Atrix 2.....all the reviews said battery life was horrible. I guess the JB update DID fix some issues. Love the phone....hope this forum gets a bit more "chatty."

The Motorola Users' Forum seems to have consistent talk/help if anyone is interested.

conejosriverts

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm new to Androidcentral and just came across this thread. Sorry to see that you moved on and no longer us the HD. I have had mine for almost a year now and absolutely love it. If one negative thing can be said about it, I would say it is signal strength. I am a truck driver so I move in and out of signal constantly. The HD seems to have some difficulty switching towers and is not even close to the strength of my old phone, a Blackberry Bold. Other than this it provides great features, the screen is fantastic and it takes superb photos. Videos are average. Its processor is fast and hasn't disappointed. I have 0 complaints with this phone. I now have 3 of these phones in the family. I got one new one for one daughter and bought another one used from an online company for $130 for another daughter. It is in perfect condition and works as well as the other two. I will continue using this phone as long as possible. Have thought of upgrading to MotoX, but I am perfectly happy with my HD.