endless reboot cycle at minimal charge

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
earlier today my atrix hd's charge was near zero. It finally shut down and as it was shutting down I managed to get it to a charge cable, which was hooked up via usb to a hub built into my monitor.

The green charging light came on so figured I would wait a bit. About 30 seconds later I saw the moto logo, and it booted up without being prompted. It got as far as the login screen (I have the pattern security lock). It didn't seem to respond much to my attempt to unlock though and promptly shut down. and started again. repeat x5, it finally responded to my unlock attempt, unloccked, and popped up a notice of low battery and connect to AC power, then shut down. Mind you each of these had about 30 seconds of downtime after a lengthy shutdown.

FWIW it had seemed to be acting very slow prior to the original shutdown.

Anyway I moved it to AC power, to no avail. I finally left it alone and it went through this cycle another dozen times. I finally extracted my sim card and put it back in my glass shattered htc one x and used it the rest of the day while leaving it on its charger. I tried a couple soft resets, nothing improved.

I finally unhooked it from power and waited till the end of the day. When I got home I put it on an AC charger again, this time it booted up to a battery screen. It looked like it was actually gaining more charge, so I left it doing that. It is up to about 25% now, gonna let it get to 100% before doing anything.

Either way rather dissapointed, if I hadn't had the other phone handy I would have been sans phone for a good while today, on a day when I absolutely had to have it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech