IPod touch alternative? Atrix Hd? Or Droid Razr HD

zerkom122

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm thinking about switching to android and I don't want a tablet because of the size and I'll probaly put cyanogen mod on the device it depends. I've heard bad things about the atrix hd like it being laggy and slow and horrible sensitivity so that Kinda scared me. What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If those are your two options (IMHO you'd be better off with a Nexus 5 for the price if you don't want to buy the 'main' players) I'd go with the Razr.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central :)
Not sure how much those two phones go for, but the Verizon Moto G is $99 off contract. Far better phone than both and is running Kit Kat

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Roger Gibbens

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Moto X is just $.01 with a contract on Verizon, I think. But to answer your question, Atrix HD is a really solid phone. I loved mine. THen I got a Moto X----and I like the X a lot more.

zerkom122

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Well I can't use it as a phone as I can't get data (I'm 13) and I was really looking at the moto g and I really liked the specs but it had no expandable memory and didn't come in a 32gb (which is what my ipod is now)

scrounger

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Since you are looking for a music player and not a phone, I suggest you look at Samsung's Android based music players. I know that BestBuy carries them.

Posted via Android Central App

lexfrancis

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Well I can't use it as a phone as I can't get data (I'm 13) and I was really looking at the moto g and I really liked the specs but it had no expandable memory and didn't come in a 32gb (which is what my ipod is now)

One thing you might want to note, I haven't used many android phones but on the 4 i have used, the volume through the audio jack has been frustratingly low compared to that of my iPod. I imagine that would be the case with something cheap like the moto g. I had to root my g2 and install a volume mod to get it to come close to my ipod.

The perk with using an android device as a media player is not being forced to use something like iTunes.

Sent from my LG-D802 using AC Forums mobile app

zerkom122

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Since you are looking for a music player and not a phone, I suggest you look at Samsung's Android based music players. I know that BestBuy carries them.

I checked out galaxy players but the specs are to old for me and their discontinued

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Out of the two the RAZR is a better choice because it was considered high end where the atrix was mid range technically. Though to echo a few people get a moto g on amazon or maybe a cheap phone with a bad imei on ebay. If you can't use data anyways due to parental restrictions having 4G LTE is just going to make you pay extra for something you won't be using.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34