My new/old Atrix HD

312MotoGus

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
Nobody’s posted here in a long time, but I thought I’d share this little tale.

Long story short, I had an Atrix HD a couple years ago, and loved it- for 5 months, until it was accidentally broken beyond repair. I moved on to a 2013 Moto X, and now a 2015 Pure Edition. But I liked the HD a lot, and recently found one for $40 shipped on eBay, in perfect condition inside and out. I mean perfect, not a single mark on it, flawless in every way.

Until I started using it.

I had to use a SIM adapter to put my MXPE’s nano-SIM into the micro-SIM slot in the HD. That went fine, no problems installing or removing. I used the HD for 3 days, then decided to go back to my MXPE. For safe keeping, I thought I’d just leave the empty adapter in the HD’s SIM card slot. Holy crap. Bad. Idea. Do. NOT.

The spring contacts in the slot clicked into the empty space on the adapter, and would no longer release it. After much cursing failed to resolve the issue, I used a thin hobby knife blade to compress the contacts and remove the adapter, but the contacts were damaged. It would no longer read the card.

So I popped the back off the phone and removed the battery, hoping to see the SIM card holder. Well, in my haste, and thinking the battery used contacts that would unmate upon sliding the battery out, I tore the thin flexible battery leads clean off. So now my mint Atrix HD had no battery and no SIM card slot.

Still more, louder cursing yet again failed to help, so I bit down hard and bought another HD with some cosmetic damage and a cracked screen for $35; I put that main board back into my still-mint housing, and it’s good as new again. Sweet phone, just as nice as I remember.

All’s well that ends well, I guess, but guh, I feel like punching myself.

Roger Gibbens

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I've got an Atrix HD....in very good condition I'll sell you.

The charger met an inglorious end after a horrible encounter with a dog....a chewing menace to society.

However, the phone is in excellent condition.

In fact, my daughter-in-law used it for a couple weeks recently while getting her phone repaired.

$20 plus postage and you can have it as a spare for your new/old Atrix HD. I still have it in the box....but no charger.

312MotoGus

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
Thanks but no, one is enough. Unless I break it again.

I use a 2015 Moto X Pure Edition daily, I'd forgotten how nice a device the HD is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith