Wireless Network affecting music player?

arch0njw

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I am having issues with the music player stopping when it cannot connect to a wireless network.

I ride a commuter rail to work and it has one of those wireless networks where you have to go to a webpage to get authorized to get beyond the router. However, for all other intents and purposes, a wireless device will appear to be connected because it has an IP address, etc.

I'm not sure what the built in media player is doing, but what I have observed is that when the phone notices the wireless network and connects the media player stops playing. If I go to the browser and go through the web-based connection process the media player works again. Same story if I simply disable wireless.

Is this a bug? I/O (idiot operator) Error? Other?

At least I know how to work around it, but it would be nice if the media player wouldn't croak due to thise.

joshnaugle

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Interesting... I have tried three different players and have the same issue. Songs cut out at random times... I did not make the correlation between wireless. I am going to have to try that.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
this is really strange... how long have you owned your phone? maybe its better to exchange it. I tried to google this issue but couldn't find any possible solution...

arch0njw

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
this is really strange... how long have you owned your phone? maybe its better to exchange it. I tried to google this issue but couldn't find any possible solution...

I haven't had the phone for long. I don't notice this on foot, but then I'm not changing cell towers all that frequently. I'm suspecting a bug more than a faulty unit -- especially with someone else able to replicate this.

Now... where's the best place to file such a bug? I'm going to start with Motorola and see where that gets me.