07-20-2011 07:52 PM
45 12
tools
    I am wondering if the update will fix the issue with processor overheating, I really hope so... sometimes it just get really unbeareable to hold the phone...
    im there with ya. thankfully i have a bluetooth so i dont have to hold my phone during phone calls
    07-18-2011 03:00 AM
    I think Im going back to iPhone.......
    Android is overly complicated, having to command prompt things is way to messy.
    iPhone 5 might be my next phone.
    07-18-2011 03:16 AM
    Why do you need the command prompt for? I used it a few times during rooting of my Atrix, but nothing else. Back when I had an iPhone it was the same - no command prompt required unless I was jailbreaking or otherwise hacking the phone in ways the manufacturer did not intend.
    07-18-2011 11:08 AM
    I think Im going back to iPhone.......
    Android is overly complicated, having to command prompt things is way to messy.
    iPhone 5 might be my next phone.
    Wait, what? You shouldn't need command prompt unless you're rooting/hacking/installing custom roms, in which case I can't understand why you would be complaining about anything being complicated. Please do explain
    07-18-2011 01:56 PM
    about a week as long as there are no issues that need to be fixed
    I sure hope so.
    07-18-2011 01:58 PM
    Wait, what? You shouldn't need command prompt unless you're rooting/hacking/installing custom roms, in which case I can't understand why you would be complaining about anything being complicated. Please do explain
    Hackers are complaining about command prompt??? What has this world come to? lol
    07-18-2011 01:59 PM
    I have been patiently waiting for the ota gingerbread even held out from the leaked one due to all the problems i read ppl were having over at XDA but seriously....I'm going crazy waiting I really want this ota already hopefully it makes it easy to still do the webtop hack and root,and I think I read that it will also change the file system.So happy GB is finally about to be released.
    07-18-2011 02:02 PM
    Command Prompt to unlock bootloader
    Command Prompt to install CWM
    Still couldnt get the 2.3.4
    07-18-2011 02:50 PM
    The newer leaked gb roms are great! I'm KennnPenn's leaked build of 2.3.4 with faux123's OC kernel. It's super quick and no bugs that I can find.

It's totally worth it.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    07-19-2011 01:38 AM
    The newer leaked gb roms are great! I'm KennnPenn's leaked build of 2.3.4 with faux123's OC kernel. It's super quick and no bugs that I can find.

It's totally worth it.

Damn you.
    Mines wouldnt work.
    07-19-2011 02:22 AM
    i got the email but i guess i didnt get an invite. sad panda... oh well, its only a week or two more.
    07-20-2011 02:08 AM

It's totally worth it.

does the phone still get hot at the bottom?
    07-20-2011 06:34 AM

It's totally worth it.

agreed. i just installed it this morning. i started with the 1.8.3 pudding, then unlocked the bootloader using the instructions, then loaded up KP's GB 2.3.4. its quick and i cant find any bugs either. looks great too. i used the following guide. you really cant mess it up. im a linux/android newbie and i was able to get it all up and running smoothly. i came from GingerBlur 4.5.

[Guide] Upgrading to Gingerbread 2.3.4 ATT or International [IHOP] - xda-developers
    07-20-2011 08:41 AM
    agreed. i just installed it this morning. i started with the 1.8.3 pudding, then unlocked the bootloader using the instructions, then loaded up KP's GB 2.3.4. its quick and i cant find any bugs either. looks great too. i used the following guide. you really cant mess it up. im a linux/android newbie and i was able to get it all up and running smoothly. i came from GingerBlur 4.5.

[Guide] Upgrading to Gingerbread 2.3.4 ATT or International [IHOP] - xda-developers
    does your phone get hot at the bottom? this question is very important to me. I'd appreciate your feedback. thanks!
    07-20-2011 11:18 AM
    i just don't like the fact that unlocking your bootloader burn a fuse even though it doesn't damage the phone i don't wanna do that and I also don't want my phone getting any hotter...
    07-20-2011 11:32 AM
    i got the email but i guess i didnt get an invite. sad panda... oh well, its only a week or two more.
    Are the invited beta testers getting the update yet? I was invited and filled out the form as soon as I got the email (this would be my 3rd beta test with the Atrix) but I haven't got the update yet. I've been doing regular checkins and system update checks and nada.
    07-20-2011 11:33 AM
    OK... to all of those who have beta installed on their phones: Do you guys have a processor overheating issue at the bottom of the phone? If you do, is it less than the current Froyo build or is it more intense? Thank you!
    07-20-2011 12:12 PM
    wait a min... doesnt it say "Keep this message private I can't stress that enough" and the "confidential" part as well....?
    stop worrying it will release anyways and even if motorola tried to screw us all the people with the software will leak it all over the internet so its a win win for us
    07-20-2011 07:29 PM
    stop worrying it will release anyways and even if motorola tried to screw us all the people with the software will leak it all over the internet so its a win win for us
    well it sucks that it actually taking them so long to update it. this phone should've been released with gingerbread on board.
    07-20-2011 07:48 PM
    yea I deff get what everyone is saying but its really annoying.I was considering trying the leaked version but I rather not screw things up.Not because I cant do it right but because its rather lenghty and once you're done it will still be a royal pain to install the official OTA I will stay on gingerblur untill the OTA hits and just flash to .83 to get it.
    I just hope root and webtop hacks are available once that happens and widget locker gives us the gingerblur slider
    07-20-2011 07:52 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD