First, I would like to say that I love the Atrix and switched to it because of the dual cores, increase RAM for programs and have not been disappointed. I am coming from the Samsung Captivate.

Here are a few nice things that were on the Captivate that I miss, but can live without on the Atrix:
    1) In Contacts, you could swipe right on a contact to call them or swipe left to text them.
    2) If your brightness setting was not set to automatic, you could swipe the notification bar to increase or decrease your brightness.
    3) No panoramic mode in the camera, Captivate has more settings in the stock camera.
    4) Reject incoming call with a text message from a predefined list, such as "I'm in a meeting"

If you know of anything to fix the above on the Atrix, please let me know.

Here are a few things that I like about the Atrix over the Captivate:
    1) Dual Core processor
    2) Over twice the RAM in the Atrix for programs to run in, don't have to run a Task Killer such as ATK and less lag due to memory filling up.
    3) PC connectivity is better, there is none for the Captivate other than Kies for updating (what a joke).
    4) OTA (over the air) updates. I think Motorola did it right, on the Captivate, an update meant that your programs and their data was blown away. Updating the Captivate through Kies was not fun, often would not recognize your phone, etc. I did the 2 minor updates to the Atrix after I got it and it did not wipe out my programs or data.
    5) If you the standard home screens, you can resize widgets.

Overall, I am happy that I switched to the Atrix.
    07-17-2011 03:23 PM
    i think all the things that you stated above are actually the part of the touchWiz on captivate, The new revised motoblur going to have a few changes and you may end up liking it better than the present version. i'm looking forward to that as well.
    on the other hand you can try one of the themes available on the marker such as Launcher pro or ADW they are highly customizable, I'm using Launcher Pro for now....
    07-17-2011 05:26 PM
    First, I would like to say that I love the Atrix and switched to it because of the dual cores, increase RAM for programs and have not been disappointed. I am coming from the Samsung Captivate.

Here are a few nice things that were on the Captivate that I miss, but can live without on the Atrix:
    1) In Contacts, you could swipe right on a contact to call them or swipe left to text them.
    2) If your brightness setting was not set to automatic, you could swipe the notification bar to increase or decrease your brightness.
    3) No panoramic mode in the camera, Captivate has more settings in the stock camera.
    4) Reject incoming call with a text message from a predefined list, such as "I'm in a meeting"
    1.) Closest thing would be the contacts widget where you would set up a widget for a specific contact with quick access to email, text, call, etc. It's nice but you would have to set up one for each contact.
    2.) There are no built in notification toggles. The closest is Widgetsoid, it will put what toggles you want in the notification bar and when pressed will pop up a window to change that setting.
    3.) I believe more settings and some upgrades are coming to the camera with this next update. I do know there are some panorama apps out there for that feature, but nothing built in.
    4.) You got me
    07-17-2011 06:10 PM
    When you use a phone, it is hard to know sometimes which features are part of the Manufacturer's UI or which are a part of stock Android.

I have tried a lot of launchers and the one that I keep going back to is Tag Home. The feature that I like best about it is that you can organize your applications into tab in the app drawer. One app can have multiple tags, so it will be on multiple tabs and you can create a tag folder on the home screens that will be filled with all of the apps with that tag automatically.

Like I said before, I love the Atrix. (I may keep the Captivate as a backup though.)
    07-17-2011 07:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD