07-22-2011 10:29 PM
49 12
tools
    I hope we get the update soon although I hope some gingerblurr style rom is released with the 1% battery mod,black status bar and webtop.the official Gingerbread white menus and white status bar look really ugly!!!
    where did you see the Atrix Gingerbread interface? can you share the link/pics? I always though Android 2.3 had black menus and black status bar.

edit:
    nm i found it. it sucks really...
    07-21-2011 09:23 AM
    I think all the beta testers need to immediately report back and say that GB update is great so that Motorola/ATT will release it to all of us ASAP.
    07-21-2011 09:23 AM
    The Notification bar is white? I thought it was black
    07-21-2011 10:51 AM
    from whqt I've seen on youtube the notif. bar is black the menus are white...
    07-21-2011 11:07 AM
    This will resolve some confusion...

philharmonik likes this.
    07-21-2011 01:51 PM
    This will resolve some confusion...

yeahh looks pretty cool (i mean the revised motoblur) how's the battery life for ya? and does the phone get hot when used for a long period of time? noone ever answered this question
    sk8trix likes this.
    07-21-2011 02:03 PM
    how's the battery life for ya? and does the phone get hot when used for a long period of time? noone ever answered this question
    I installed it yesterday evening, so its too early to comment on battery life. I used the GPS today for 20mins and the phone was warm...which I guess is pretty normal.

On a side note, non-market apps can now be installed.
    dalvik likes this.
    07-21-2011 02:08 PM
    I installed it yesterday evening, so its too early to comment on battery life. I used the GPS today for 20mins and the phone was warm...which I guess is pretty normal.

On a side note, non-market apps can now be installed.
    thanks!
    07-21-2011 02:13 PM
    I'm loving this update! It seems as if I have a completely different device. The new UI is very welcome. It seems very polished. I like it so much that I have no need to use a different launcher. I also like the gallery and the new camera, they really did a nice job with this. Motoblur is minimal to unnoticeable at best. There are way too many new cool features to list, all I can say is everyone is in for a nice surprise.

The Atrix should have shipped with Gingerbread version as I'm sure it would have been a bigger hit. I liked my Atrix to begin with but with this update I cant seem to put it down, I'm very happy!

edit: The only thing that I don't like is the data icon, it's way too small plus the arrows are microscopic. I would have liked an icon that displays EDGE, H+ and 3G. I'm still at a loss why they didn't enable a 3G icon and why it always shows H+ when in reality all were really getting is 3G?
    dalvik likes this.
    07-21-2011 03:23 PM
    yeahh looks pretty cool (i mean the revised motoblur) how's the battery life for ya? and does the phone get hot when used for a long period of time? noone ever answered this question
    My device used to get very hot prior to this update. Ive been using it heavy today and it gets slightly warm which is normal but doesn't get anywhere as hot as it did before.
    dalvik likes this.
    07-21-2011 03:26 PM
    My device used to get very hot prior to this update. Ive been using it heavy today and it gets slightly warm which is normal but doesn't get anywhere as hot as it did before.
    thanks a lot for sharing your first impressions! I am looking forward to see a new interface so I would not use any 3rd party launchers. The battery life and overheating issue were my two major concerns, Since Android 2.3 manages dual cores much better than froyo it should not overheat then. Thanks again! enjoy!
    07-21-2011 03:57 PM
    All AT&T devices that support HSPA+ will show H+. H+ is really a subset of UMTS, just with faster throughput.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    07-21-2011 04:36 PM
    well I still dont like the white menu and blue status bar but it should be something easy to change up once devs at xda play with it.other than that I can't wait untill it hits OTA I'm going to try it out,and see if it works for me just bummed root and webtop are going to take a while to get back >=(
    07-21-2011 05:58 PM
    funny, as much as I was concerned with webtop and HDMI mirroring I actually never got to use it except playing with it two times and then forgetting about it completely. I spend quite a considerable time with my phone everyday but have no need in webtop feature... lol
    07-21-2011 10:12 PM
    Now that Gingerbread is here........wheres that Ice Cream Sandwhich?
    07-22-2011 01:27 AM
    Yep, if the official update will still be 4.5.91, then there are already several themes over in xda because that's the same build as Kenneth Pennsylvania leaked build. Which of course means that everyone can have this update now, and without waiting.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    07-22-2011 05:50 AM
    So this is the 2.3.4 update that is rolling out to everyone????
    07-22-2011 10:50 AM
    So this is the 2.3.4 update that is rolling out to everyone????
    No, its being rolled out only to beta testers.
    07-22-2011 11:07 AM
    i am not a beta tester. i am downloading 4.5.91 update right now over wifi!
    07-22-2011 05:33 PM
    Just checked my phone and I had an update, I am installing it as I type this.
    07-22-2011 05:41 PM
    Just downloaded and installed 2.3.4. Loving it so far !!!
    07-22-2011 09:00 PM
    does the update kill root?
    yes ,it does....
    07-22-2011 09:19 PM
    just in case it wasnt clear, the update is now rolling out to all (that was a quick soak!)

http://www.androidcentral.com/motoro...oid+Central%29
    07-22-2011 10:18 PM
    Got the official update today and I am really liking it. I had root and it did not block me from installing as I had read elsewhere, but now I don't have root (knew that was going to happen). I really like the fact that Motorola's updates do not wipe out your applications like the Samsung Captivate that I came from.

I am so over the Captivate and giving the Atrix some love.
    07-22-2011 10:29 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD