couple of ?s about gingerbread and in general

korsjs

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I like the update. Here are my questions.

A: I see several people talking about displaying batter percentage with 93, 85, 71, percent battery instead of the 90, 80, 70 etc. How do you do this.

B: I like the default browser and text messaging apps. However, the icons in gingerbread are the worst icons I have ever seen. Anyway to change the icons?

C: The bottom row of icons. Is there a way to change the order? Would like to put the dialer on the right and the app launcher on the left.

D: I have only been on android for a few months. I just looked a few minutes ago. But, is there a twitter app that now syncs like echofon does for the iphone and desktop browser?

E: It was easy to clear in the phone dialer "favorite tab" - "frequently contacted" before gingerbread. I cant figure out how to do it now.

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Answers in red:

A: I see several people talking about displaying batter percentage with 93, 85, 71, percent battery instead of the 90, 80, 70 etc. How do you do this.
Root is the only way. Some battery monitoring apps might work also.

B: I like the default browser and text messaging apps. However, the icons in gingerbread are the worst icons I have ever seen. Anyway to change the icons?
Try using another launcher like Launcher Pro, ADW, or Go Launcher. You can change icons with those launchers.

C: The bottom row of icons. Is there a way to change the order? Would like to put the dialer on the right and the app launcher on the left.
See above, answer is the same.

D: I have only been on android for a few months. I just looked a few minutes ago. But, is there a twitter app that now syncs like echofon does for the iphone and desktop browser?
Not familiar with Echofon so no clue.

E: It was easy to clear in the phone dialer "favorite tab" - "frequently contacted" before gingerbread. I cant figure out how to do it now.
Long press a contact on the favorites tab, then press remove from favorites. Welcome to Android!!

korsjs

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Long press a contact on the favorites tab, then press remove from favorites. Welcome to Android!!

The long press is not working for me. It only gives me the option to delete the contact not remove it. Under 2.2 under the favorites tab, I had two favorites for contacts. Underneath my two favorites it says "frequently contacted", then lists people who I have called recently. In 2.2, all i needed to do was hit the hard menu button and one of the options was clear the "Frequently contacted" That option is not there now, and if I long hold/push on an actual contact, "remove or clear" is not there, just "delete".

Thanks for all the help everyone has gave.

korsjs

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
C. long press and you can change/move them

thanks for the answer. I was able to move the first three around by selecting from the long hold by choosing a new icon from "add to dock".

Is there anyway to move the icon on the far right to the far left without rooting? Not sure what it is called but it is the one when you push it it brings up all your apps.

korsjs

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the answer. I was able to move the first three around by selecting from the long hold by choosing a new icon from "add to dock".

Is there anyway to move the icon on the far right to the far left without rooting? Not sure what it is called but it is the one when you push it it brings up all your apps.

Well I looked around today. I believe that features is not in Gingerbread anymore. Alot of others who have Gingerbread for other phones asked similar question and no one knew.

I will have to look for an app that does what I need. Strange the would take something simple like that out. I mean what if I wanted to call sex phone numbers all day. The only way to get rid of it is to physically delete the contact.

korsjs

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I found an app that works that does what I want. It is called:

History Eraser Pro by Smiles Repaired

Hopefully it is safe. It does some other stuff, but I have not messed around with the other stuff in it. It does remove the "frequently contacted".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke