Atrix battery life

jaxom

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Well not to brag, but on light to moderate use I'm at 1day 10h 15min with 62% left on the battery. Yes I'm rooted on GB and freezing some bloat but damn this Atrix has blown me away with its battery life!

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Well not to brag, but on light to moderate use I'm at 1day 10h 15min with 62% left on the battery. Yes I'm rooted on GB and freezing some bloat but damn this Atrix has blown me away with its battery life!
thats really great! how much of display time have you got for that period of time?

jaxom

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Not a lot, 1h 50m I'm trying to see what my max life I can get. But I've got about 40 hrs out of it before and I was beating on it. I'm very impressed with the talk time I get from this phone, I had a BB Style and you could watch the battery drop from short phone calls.

jaxom

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Not a lot, 1h 50m I'm trying to see what my max life I can get. But I've got about 40 hrs out of it before and I was beating on it. I'm very impressed with the talk time I get from this phone, I had a BB Style and you could watch the battery drop from short phone calls.
I was thinking about it and my idea of beating may be different then some I'm not a heavy user but It's great in my book!

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
well 40 hours with almost 2 hours of display is actually VERY good.... I may wanna try to root my phone and freeze some crap. maybe that'll do the trick... and I must agree about the talk time, it barely eats the battery... but I dont talk much anyway, mostly internet lol

jaxom

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I used the guide from www.atrixforums.com to root and it was easy and fast. I think the main reason for my great battery life is the lack of stuff syncing ie facebook etc. And NO bad apps.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
thanks. I might try it. I have no syncing apps except for gmail and weatherbug so I'm getting pretty nice battery life for the past three days... its been 12 hours since unplugged with display time of 4 hrs 30 mins and the battery is at 30% right now... so I think thats pretty much satisfactory. especially since i got two more spare batteries... lol

Edit'
just wanted to see how much time it will last. right now its 20% and display time is 5 hrs 32 mins. and its been 13hrs 30 mins since off charger. I think this is really great as 5 and a half hours of display time is really a lot for one day usage. im putting the phone on charger and going to sleep now.

Last edited:

jaxom

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Well yes I would say so 5.5 hrs is a ton on a days use. I think GB needs a fews days to get set on anybodys phone. But there are some battery hog settings in GB that need to be turned off to help, ie new gallery app sharing and new music app settings. But I'm at 2d 1h 38m and counting have 2h 37m in display, with 47% left. I'm a happy camper!

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
for 2 days you've got 2h 37m? lol wow man you barely using your phone! I am on it all the time so i guess I can be considered a heavy user. So yes it does look like GB needs to adjust itself for the first few days.... I think that these results are even better than I had on my blackberry bold 9700... also its interesting how the phone will not discharge itself for hours lying idle.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
something interesting happend just now. i was out in the city today and battery drained very quickly down to 40% eventhough i barely used it today( display was on for 1hr 32 min total time unplugged 7 hrs. so I am on the train right now listening to the music and the phone rebooted itself, after that it shows 70% battery... I think I may have a faulty battery or the charge miscalculation error still present as it was on froyo. has anyone experienced anything like this?

Last edited:

CDG

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Something interesting happened. I typically charge my phone in the evening and turn it off at night. Yesterday I didn't get a chance to charge it and turned it off at 30%; this morning it is at 50% and has remained so after 20+ mins of web browsing.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks.

jaxom

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Well welcome to GB I know it happens to me and a lot of other people. Its a silly bug but not the worst one to have, restart phone instant battery charge!

jaxom

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Here is the end of my max length battery test, I know I'm not a heavy user but this shows what this phone is capable of :cool:. Notice the GB battery bug in the graft.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
w
wow this is impressive lol
on a side note, my phone started experiencing occasional reboots. I haven't installed any new apps except dolphin browser

Vic Nebulous

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Atrix since the first week they were made available. Battery life has been AWFUL from the start. I've never owned a device with worse battery life. Example: I charged overnight, as usual, and then went to work. Checked e-mail after the gym, plugged it in to the car charger on the way to work -- no GPS or anything running. Screen off. By 10 AM, it's down to 70%. Love the features of this device, but the ****ful battery life is making me think this should be replaced.

CDG

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Well welcome to GB I know it happens to me and a lot of other people. Its a silly bug but not the worst one to have, restart phone instant battery charge!
Thanks, good to know I am not the only one and like you said it's just a silly bug.
I've had my Atrix since the first week they were made available. Battery life has been AWFUL from the start. I've never owned a device with worse battery life. Example: I charged overnight, as usual, and then went to work. Checked e-mail after the gym, plugged it in to the car charger on the way to work -- no GPS or anything running. Screen off. By 10 AM, it's down to 70%. Love the features of this device, but the ****ful battery life is making me think this should be replaced.
I have actually been quite happy with my Atrix battery life, if anything it is a tad bit better than some of the Smartphones I have had before. I need it last from around 6:00 in the morning to around 8:00 at night with 20-30% left to spare and the Atrix does this quite well.

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I power cycled and now I can get all day (17-20 hrs)with my phone on one charge,assuming I'm not playing games all day or surfing the internet.

with heavy usage (wi-fi,sufing the web,netflix,and games) I'm getting about 9-10 hours but its not every day someone is on their phone that much specially if you work lol so yea battery life w GB is better and my phone isnt getting that warm either.

geeklion

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Here is the end of my max length battery test, I know I'm not a heavy user but this shows what this phone is capable of :cool:. Notice the GB battery bug in the graft.

Woah. That's long! Mine so far is at 50% for 23 hours. It is usually 5% for 24. But since i switched to 2g, the battery is doubled.

Sent from my Motorola Atrix 4G using Tapatalk. :-D