Pocket Detection Lock on Atrix

cpatel112

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone figured out if the In-Pocket Detection feature work?

I have my settings to shut the screen off in a 30 seconds, so I am not sure if that is enough time for it to detect if it is in a pocket to lock.

jwolfe99

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Mine doesn't work either. Supposedly from XDA its buggy anyway but a little red led should come on in the upper right and mine does not come on.

Julian

cpatel112

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I have seen the little red LED light thing.

It is like a dull red kind of thing, flash sometimes sometimes constant.

I think it is a neat feature if it worked, but maybe a bit impractical. I am sure majority of the users here, lock their phone prior to putting it in their pockets.

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
i have this feature turned on right now. so far it wont work for me. i don't know if it has something to do with the proximity censor or maybe it just because i have big pockets in the shorts i wear lol. its funny how Motorola loves to innovate but many times the execution of their design is off.

hey you know we do live in the world of free app development and open source right? why doesn't someone just make an app with the same idea in mind? i think that would be great until Motorola fixes this issue if its widespread. it might not be but i think it is

cpatel112

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Nevermind the pocket senor does work.

I suppose in a sense it is a light sensor. There should be like a dull red LED like thing right above the "A" on motorola.

It does a little flashing thing, if you cover it up with the thumb the phone will lock.

Shawn James

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine turned on since I got the update but never seen it til now. I usually lock my phone before I put it in my pocket tho.

Might come in handy when im drunk tho.

Sent from my ATRIX using Tapatalk.

Nickypoo

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Figured it out finally!!!! Go to settings and turn it off. Then turn it back on. Then try going into app or web or anything, just have the screen on. Have your phone in landscape view. Now cover the sensor with ur finger and turn phone verdical. Screen should shut off immediately. Your welcome. I also noticed when the phone is vertical you will see a red infrared light in the sensor that u have to cover. Moto photon 4g.