After GB update, fingerprint and LED light stop working

Major

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I never use the fingerprint scanner, so I can't comment on that. However, I have noticed that the LED fails to notify me when the battery is fully charged like it used to. It still notifies me when I have a text message.

Reactions: Creek

attweco

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I never use the fingerprint scanner, so I can't comment on that. However, I have noticed that the LED fails to notify me when the battery is fully charged like it used to. It still notifies me when I have a text message.

Same here.

VERY annoying that the battery charged indication doesn't work anymore.

Just another of the many reasons I regret the GB update.

attweco

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
pull battery?

Did that, along with several factory resets on the phone with Motorola tech support(in hopes of getting my broken wireless radio taken care of).

No luck, but thanks anyhow.

It seems like this Moto GB update has resulted in a lot of Atrixes becoming buggy.

Mgamerz

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Before you upgrade you should have removed hte fingerprint lock. Upgrading changes something and it seems to break it.
I reflashed the system img and also wiped /data (factory reset I think) and it works fine for me. It's actually a lot more accurate, I have never had any issues with it like I would have with Froyo.
With a custom kernel (over clocking on AC and underclocking with screen off), I get good battery life... only a few more fixes to go.

c_86

HaXoR Master
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
mine works without any issues... same with the LED... everything is working great for me.... and i used the OTA update (however i did flash back to an older build of froyo due to me having root and the OTA not letting me update while it was rooted)

Nophix

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I bought an Atrix today (new). I used it for all of 2 hours before I got home and ran the GB updates, and now my FP scanner will not work. No biggie, I guess, since I didnt care for it, but it does seem to be an issue.

cpatel112

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I had some issue with the fingerprint scanner prior to GB, but after GB and I suppose a proper training the scanner, I have not had any issues all with that.

LED light notification, I suppose it is new in the update that it does not light up when it is full, or with the new update the phone itself does not know, so it doesn't light up.

c_86

HaXoR Master
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
where is a good site to get a replacement parts for the atrix? i may want to pick up a few extras just in case...

jzaslice

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Annoying to say the least. I tried retraining it but I can't even do that, it won't read my finger during the training process.

When I attempted to enter prints it was always after I used my phone for at least an hour. A simple reboot was all it took, I went straight into security and the process went smoothly...fp unlock works without a hitch

Sent from my Motorola Atrix 4G MB860 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech