Gingerbread Update: Contact Birthdays

PDT816

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I must be missing the boat on how to get contact's birthdays to show up on my calendar since the Gingerbread update.

1. The birthday field seems to be gone. Doesn't even show up "to edit" on contacts with existing birthdays.

2. Birthdays entered online via the gmail contacts area will show up on the web calendar, but never will sync to the phone.

Any ideas?

sdb

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I have had similar problems with contacts' birthdays even before Gingerbread. I was hoping the new release would fix the problems but it didn't.

If you set up a contact in gmail and then let it sync it will usually go in properly. However if you delete that contact then the birthday will remain on the Atrix, even though the contact is gone. Changing a birthday doesn't always work but occasionally it will.

Reactions: PDT816

sdb

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
No, I don't use facebook. I created this contact in gmail just to test what I was seeing. I created the contact, made sure that is synced correctly and then deleted the contact in gmail. The contact was deleted on the phone but the birthday remained.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21