I updated to Gingerbread (official release) last month. My phone has crashed twice since then.

What happens is that when using an app, the phone restarts automatically. After the restart, the following messages start popping up:

The application webtop (process com.android.portal) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
    The application google services framework (process com.google.process.gapps) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
    ..and couple more similar messages.

Each message has a "Force Close" button and clicking it doesn't make any difference. The phone restarts again. This goes on and on and on...

If I remove the battery and restart it again after few minutes, I get the same issue. If I remove the battery for couple hours and then restart, it works.

*I have not modified the phone in any way. No root and no 3rd party launcher.
    08-10-2011 11:33 AM
    Try a factory reset. If this doesn't fix it call Motorola and they'll give you a new phone

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    08-10-2011 12:04 PM
    Is there a hardware switch to do a factory reset? I am unable to boot my phone and can't launch Settings.
    08-10-2011 12:09 PM
    Is there a hardware switch to do a factory reset? I am unable to boot my phone and can't launch Settings.
    Found it online: https://motorola-global-portal.custh...nal-hard-reset
    08-10-2011 12:31 PM