constant restarts

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else have this problem?

My phone just restarts out of no where for no reason... its actuallyactually getting annoying.

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
The first thing to do is do a factory reset on the phone. This will wipe everything off of the phone so make sure you have the data backed up somewhere or can easily get it back on the phone. After the factory wipe if it's still going through random reboots then it could be a hardware issue and the device needs to be replaced.

ozziedog

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem after only one week with the phone, all of a sudden restarts and drop calls. I did a reset and it worked fine for a couple of days then started again. I took it back to AT&T store and they replaced it. So far so good. Good Luck.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I had my phone restarting on froyo when i rooted it with gingerbreak. after I removed the root. it got back to normal. if your phone isnt rooted or altered in any way. try a factory reset first.

VArterJr

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem along with constant shutdowns. The shutdowns were worse as the phone just stops running so no calls come through. BestBuy replaced it and no shutdowns but every so often I get a restart.

So far the only thing I can link it all to is GPS/Maps. About half the time I am doing stuff with Maps and the GPS on it does that. I haven't been able to track it down much more than that.

This is my first Android phone coming from many years of iPhone. A bit disappointing because I LOVE it other than this issue.

Vince

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz