Should I get this Atrix 4G, or the HTC Sensation?

Jagerlowe

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I know their on two different carriers, but I have a choice between these two and I really want some help.

I know all about them. The sensation has a bigger screen and better picture and video quality, and HTC sense which is really nice.

But the Motorola Atrix has a Tegra 2 chipset, which is arguably better than the sensations snapdragon. and I never seemed to figure out why people hated motoblur! Plus it seems a lot faster!

These are the things that I can't decide over:

Picture Quality: This means a lot to me! The phone I choose is going to be the only camera I have. The Atrix takes nice pictures, but I use photoshop a lot, and the bigger 8 mp camera on the sensation captures more detail.

Video Quality: The Atrix has better sound quality in its videos, and thats really important. but the sensations videos are prettier!.

Screen: Yes the Sensation has a bigger screen, but they b oth have the same resolution, which makes the Atrix have better pixel density

Battery: I'm sure if I don't overuse the Sensation, it'll last the day, but the Atrix does that effortlessly with its huge battery!

I was REALLY leaning towards the Sensation, and thats why I decided to post this thread here. Because you All have the Atrix, and can give me justification for a faster phone over a better picture taker

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Since Gingerbread, MOTOBLUR has gotten out of the way, plus my battery life has gone up at least a full hour.

Also, the larger bits of RAM with Tegra means that I rarely see any slowdowns or lag in phone performance.

Sent from my MOTO ATRIX 4G using Tapatalk

KSoD

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
We cant give you justification for having a faster phone or a prettier one. We got the Atrix for a reason. Those reasons are not the same reason that you are looking at right now.

How can we justify telling you to get an Atrix when you already made it clear you like to take pictures? anyone will tell you having a 8MP camera is far better than a 5MP camera. So the choice seems pretty clear.

As for video quality and that. Yeah sorry i dont quite agree. I think videos on my Atrix are fine. I think they are even better than my Galaxy Tab. It is a personal choice. since you are a picture taker, the one with a better camera would be the smart choice.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Jagerlowe, the Atrix is a really good phone and the battery life on it is amazing, although it does get hot at the bottom and it really annoys me. However I must say one important thing that if I were in your situation, no matter what phones ATT got I would avoid this carrier at any costs. The Atrix is going to be my last phone with this carrier. and in the next year as soon as Verizon or Sprint will get some interesting devices (more like Atrix or Photon) I will be dumping AT&T and never go back to that s#@^y carrier. I think having an up-to-date latest piece of hardware but having to stuck with a POS carrier for another two years is just not worth it. I live in NYC and not only their network sucks here but their customer service and ridiculously expensive data/voice plans pricing as well. and everybody knows that things are gonna get even worse especially after the merger. just my 0.02$

Last edited:

sigmamason

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Jagerlowe, the Atrix is a really good phone and the battery life on it is amazing, although it does get hot at the bottom and it really annoys me. However I must say one important thing that if I were in your situation, no matter what phones ATT got I would avoid this carrier at any costs. The Atrix is going to be my last phone with this carrier. and in the next year as soon as Verizon or Sprint will get some interesting devices (more like Atrix or Photon) I will be dumping AT&T and never go back to that s#@^y carrier. I think having an up-to-date latest piece of hardware but having to stuck with a POS carrier for another two years is just not worth it. I live in NYC and not only their network sucks here but their customer service and ridiculously expensive data/voice plans pricing as well. and everybody knows that things are gonna get even worse especially after the merger. just my 0.02$
Go with the Atrix.Not the biggest fan of Moto, but the phone is rock solid.

If you are looking for the least expensive plan, then you are looking at Sprint, cause Verizon with the price plans have far surpassed AT&T in pricing for service that in my part of the country is at best the same as AT&T.

Major

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Touching on the carrier hate, you do have to consider what carriers are good in your area. Where I live, AT&T has the best coverage, and Verizon has the worst. Thus, I am an AT&T customer. Mileage may vary.

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I'll throw my hat in for the Atrix. I had an HTC device before this and I had to give it up due to factory hardware issues that HTC refused to fix even though the phone was only two weeks out of warranty. I have owned Moto devices in the past they have been rock solid. The Atrix has been no exception. I can echo the better battery life.

thatboyjosh73

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The main reason i went with the atrix is because of the battery life, dual core tegra and the gorilla glass. What is the point in having a fast phone if the screen can crack easily? Plus i think think there is so much potential with tegra 2 and dual core that its the way to go.Plus i would not even count motoblur as a con bc you can easily avoid it.

robkort

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I personally will say take the Atrix but that is just me. Plus I think the Atrix has more to offer. The best thing to do is go to a store and try them out. Also take on consideration what you want to do with the phone and what are the features you want out of it.

Sent from my stock Atrix 2.3.4 using Tapa :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles