I walked into my corporate AT&T store today, bent on getting an Atrix, and my first Android phone. However, after looking all around the store, there were NO Atrix's to be had. Talking to one of the store's people, I was told that they had been directed to remove the Atrix display entirely by AT&T corporate, no explanation given. Went to one of my other local corporate AT&T stores, exact same thing.... Anyone else encounter this? Anyone have a clue what is going on? Now I'm not sure if I should get one, both stores had Atrix's in back, but neither of them had any clue why they had to take down their display... Even with the Galaxy S II coming, that's not until Sept 18, and you'd think they'd still have the Atrix on display. Wouldn't you????
    08-30-2011 06:55 PM
    We had this at my store as well. I work at a Walmart. We had to send back our Atrix models only to get in new models just a couple weeks ago. Maybe these stores havent gotten the updated version? We were instructed to remove them for 1 reason. they all showed and demoed the Atrix with Froyo and have since been updated to Gingerbread. The new units we got in now have Gingerbread pre-loaded. We dont have a demo unit anymore and our dummy unit still showed Froyo till I took a picture of the default home screen and basically printed a picture of that and put it on the demo display.

I have not gotten any news that we are not going to be selling the Atrix anymore in my store, but we were instructed the same thing only to have the new model come in. I would suspect that the versions they had were all Froyo based and not the new Gingerbread ones.
    08-30-2011 08:46 PM
    It is still available on AT&T's website. If you want an Atrix, your best bet is to go to Walmart, Radio Shack, Best Buy or some other retailer that carries cell phones. AT&T are proud of their phones and you pay a premium to get your phone from AT&T.

Right now, Best Buy has the Atrix for $49 and AT&T's website has it for $99. If you are planning on getting phone insurance, I would get your phone from Best Buy, here is why:
    1) AT&T phone ins. is going from $4.99 to $6.99 a month
    2) AT&T replacement cost for a smartphone on insurance is now going to be either $125 or $199 (Atrix is $199).
    3) Best Buy phone insurance is $10 a month
    4) Best Buy replacement cost is based on the retail of new phone minus retail of the old phone when you bought it. If the retail on both phones was the same, then there is no cost to you.

The Atrix is a good phone, some people have had issues, but that can said about any phone.
    08-30-2011 09:16 PM
    Thank you very much for the answers. As no one seemed to be real sure what was going on, it was just strange that it seemed to coincide with everything else going on. Going with the Motorola division of Google seems like a pretty sensible way to go right now.
    08-30-2011 11:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD