Antrix random shut down for low batery

rzrpz7

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I have a motorola Atrix and had no problems with it for 5 months until I had a upgrade this week. Now my phone shuts off for low battery even if a have a full battery.I down loaded Netflix app and was watching a movie when the battery full drained even though I had phone hook to computer USB. Put phone on wall charger and fully charged it. Now phone will shut down for low battery even though the battery has a full or close to full charge. when I go to the setting>battery & data manager>battery useage, upat the top were it reads how much time you have left on battery will read 40 min on full charge once then if I look at it again it might read 2 hours. I have my battery mode set to max battery savings.
I am not sure if I have a bad battery or if it's something to do with the new upgrade. Has anyone else had this problem with the Atrix before the upgrade? would like to know before I spend the money on a new battery.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
you shouldn't be spending money on a new battery. call up Motorola and explain them the prob. they most likely will ship you a battery replacement for free. (you may not even need to send them your old battery) thats how I got a back cover replacement from them. alternatively you may try to do the same at ATT store. will be faster that way.

robkort

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
The best things to do here would be to call Moto. You are pass your 30 days and they probably will refer you to them anyway.

Sent from my stock Atrix 2.3.4 using Tapa :)

rzrpz7

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Called MOTO today and they were very helpful. thay a re shipping me a new battery (will be here in 5 days) and was told if the new battery was not the problem they would replace the phone. I will update after I get the battery.

dratsablive

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
It could be that you were draining the battery faster than the charger could keep up. I was watching C-SPAN Video while it was plugged into a wall charger, battery still drained and shut down.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital