Keyboard problem, q?

blueignition

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
This just started today and anything you guys can do to help me figure out the problem would be great. Anytime I'm typing 'q' randomly gets entered into my texts no matter what key I'm pushing. Am I going to have to send my phone in and get a new one? I've tried turning the phone on/off, pulling the battery, changing to and from swype (I'm using multi touch). Thanks for your help

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
This just started today and anything you guys can do to help me figure out the problem would be great. Anytime I'm typing 'q' randomly gets entered into my texts no matter what key I'm pushing. Am I going to have to send my phone in and get a new one? I've tried turning the phone on/off, pulling the battery, changing to and from swype (I'm using multi touch). Thanks for your help

you know, it happend with my phone a few days ago. I was typing stuff throughout the day and just like you said it would randomly get the "q" at first i coulndt figure out whats going on. then i thought that maybe when I wanted to type "a", i was accidentially hitting "q" since its an adjacent key. the issue dissapeared by itself and I forgot about it. Now that you mentioned it, i see that there is clearly a problem with this motorola keyboard, a rare problem though. I would suggest trying an alternative keyboard from the market. i don't like moto keyboard, when i type something in text boxes it lags a bit and when i hit the back key to delete the word it would not move for a sec. and then all of the sudden jump at high speed and remove not one but two or more words.... it gets annoying at times. this looks to be purely a software issue.

blueignition

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
you know, it happend with my phone a few days ago. I was typing stuff throughout the day and just like you said it would randomly get the "q" at first i coulndt figure out whats going on. then i thought that maybe when I wanted to type "a", i was accidentially hitting "q" since its an adjacent key. the issue dissapeared by itself and I forgot about it. Now that you mentioned it, i see that there is clearly a problem with this motorola keyboard, a rare problem though. I would suggest trying an alternative keyboard from the market. i don't like moto keyboard, when i type something in text boxes it lags a bit and when i hit the back key to delete the word it would not move for a sec. and then all of the sudden jump at high speed and remove not one but two or more words.... it gets annoying at times. this looks to be purely a software issue.

Ok so hopefully it'll just go away someday, got any alternative keyboards you recommend?

montanaxvi

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I just hit the wrong keys and that is probably what you are doing as well. I manage to type doi.g a bunch or tou and lime instead of like. Not a big fan of the keyboard and not a fan that in order to update Swype we need to root.

Sent from my Motorola Atrix 4G using Tapatalk

Glerp

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I'd recommend you buy Swift Key X from the android market. I've been using it for about 2 months now (maybe longer) and I love it. I think it's like $5 or $6 in the android market, but trust me it's worth every penny. Basically it learns how you type and the more you use it, the more it learns and it will save you from typing words.

It does take a little getting used to (spacebar inserts the word that it recommends), but it's great software and I can never go back to the stock moto keyboard. It also calculates how much more effective your typing is. For me, I've been about 26% more effective, which I think means that on average, 1 out of 4 words I don't need to type, I hit spacebar and it inserts what I want. At times, I'll go on a roll and hit the spacebar 3 or 4 times and it will guess exactly what I wanted to say.

tkong

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem with my Moto keyboard but it doesn't register "1" both on the keyboard and the dial pad.

I download Gingerbread keyboard 2.3. Works great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci