Soak Test Update Email

Timelessblur

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Well tonight at around 1:30 AM my time I received an email from Motorala about the Atrix 4G getting a soak test. I am turning down running it on my phone as I am not willing to give up my root access so I will not be getting it.
I do not expect to see it be ICS but I still say we should demand ICS for the Atrix 4G

dratsablive

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Well tonight at around 1:30 AM my time I received an email from Motorala about the Atrix 4G getting a soak test. I am turning down running it on my phone as I am not willing to give up my root access so I will not be getting it.
I do not expect to see it be ICS but I still say we should demand ICS for the Atrix 4G

I got the same email but chose not to participate, want to wait til I can root the update.

stonefeet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
not participating either, already unlocked my phone and enjoying the many roms out there, i'm done with moto and blur so i'll use this phone as i choose until upgrade time when i'll get a galaxy nexus.

so much speculation about it being ics but there is no chance it's ics, although even if it is, that means our roms will have camera and be 100% working that much quicker, so it's a win/win for us.

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Same here, got the email, but declined. I have to may root apps to risk loosing it and I'll be out of town this weekend so if it updates during this time I'd be hosed.

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I eagerly accepted. I am hoping this update will correct the issue the last update created - making the Atrix incompatible with my AT&T Microcell.

Timelessblur

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I eagerly accepted. I am hoping this update will correct the issue the last update created - making the Atrix incompatible with my AT&T Microcell.

You will have to let us know how it goes and what changes because I do not want to give up my root access. I need to tether every now and then. Plus I do not want to give up my ad blocking.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

shashankmittal

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

Not sure what you mean with incompatibility, but my Atrix has been working fine with my microcell since last GB 2.3.4 update. The only issue is have noticed is occasional dropped calls.

montanaxvi

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Declined because I'm rooted. Wasn't part of the acceptance terms that you are agreeing to a NDA?

Sent from my Motorola Atrix 4G using Tapatalk

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what you mean with incompatibility, but my Atrix has been working fine with my microcell since last GB 2.3.4 update. The only issue is have noticed is occasional dropped calls.

Consider yourself lucky.
I had no issues until the last 2.3.4 update. I'm not the only one with this problem. There's a thread about this on the Motorola forum and on the XDA forum.
https://forums.motorola.com/posts/02840a7c06

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm surprised a few here declined because they are rooted? More than likely it will be an update to 2.3.6 which can be rooted with Pete's one click Motorola root. I have rooted an Bionic and a Razr so far without any issues. I'm sure the when I update I'll be able to root it without any problems. I been selected in the past for soak testing so I'm waiting for this last update.

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Now I wonder if us Atrix 4G owners were contacted by mistake. Usually there is a dedicated thread on the Moto forums for the "soaktest users" to give feedback. There is no such thread in the original Atrix 4G forum. But there is a thread in the Atrix 2 forum.
Hmmm, the update is supposedly going out now. But I have been manually checking in with the phone and so far - nada. Now I wonder if the original Atrix is going to get this update.

Anyway, here is a list of what this update offers. Not much really.
https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/76007/p/30,6720,8109
Of course the old classic "enhanced stability" feature is all I am looking for ;)

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I haven't either. Yet the Atrix 2 forum on the Motorola board shows posts where they have been getting the update for 3 days now. My opinion is that us Atrix 4G owners were contacted by mistake. I don't think we are ever going to see any more updates for our phone.

sdb

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I signed up also and haven't heard anything. Maybe something went wrong before the release or as someone said, maybe we aren't really getting an update at all.

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
As of Feb 6 - still no update. I suppose there's a small chance that they are rolling it out for the atrix 2 first and will do the 4G later. But, I kind of doubt that.

Oh well, it looks like I'll hang on to the Atrix until the Samsung Galaxy S III comes out in a few months.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsmith786x