Atrix Battery / Phone Issues. Help needed.

Metricton

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Okay, well anyway I have had my Atrix since it was first released almost.

A couple of weeks ago the phone was working fine, and then I was browsing the web on it and I get the dreaded Black Screen of Death. At that time the phone was super hot on the back. I popped the battery out and back in. Everything seemed fine for a week or two.

Now, my phone when charging via power outlet or any method never reports 100% or goes to saying fully charged. Instead, it gets stuck at 90%, and acts like it still needs charging. It also gets slightly warm when charging now. When I reboot the phone though, it reports 100% fully charged. The battery also does not seem to be lasting for as long as it used to. I used to get 2.5 - 3 days when I never used it aka on standby the entire time. Now it only gets about 10hrs even when fully on standby.

Another odd thing, is now when I reboot the phone the notification light continually blinks green when the phone is in standby / locked. However, the minute you turn the screen on it stops. The thing is, it used to never do that, and there are also no new notifications when doing it. It will finally stop once the phone receives a real notification from Gmail or another application.

I haven't installed any new apps on it, and it is currently running the latest build available to the atrix so gingerbread. The phone is set to night time battery saving mode. Also the screen brightness is set to the dimmest level.

Any advice would be appreciated. I have a feeling it is the battery dying, but it could technically also be my phone. It could have something to do with the BSOD I had. :(

Thanks,
Metric

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Mine does this.. are you using a third party charger? or perhaps charging from a usb port in your computer?

seems to be that if you switch between nonstandard and standard charging it will do this.. since I've noticed this, I only charge via the actual charging device that came with my phone and it always goes to 100% now.

Metricton

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Mine does this.. are you using a third party charger? or perhaps charging from a usb port in your computer?

seems to be that if you switch between nonstandard and standard charging it will do this.. since I've noticed this, I only charge via the actual charging device that came with my phone and it always goes to 100% now.

No, I am using the original Motorola charger that came with it. I only plug it into the actual charging device, so that can't be it.

Thanks though,
Metric

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Try cycling your battery.. let it drain to 0% and charge it back up.. could be the sensor is off.

yahyasaleh

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Don't worry about the notification thing. I think that it's just syncing information for motoblur. The online thingy where you can track your phobe and that. Happens on mine as well.
And sniffs is right. Try conditioning the battery

Metricton

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Don't worry about the notification thing. I think that it's just syncing information for motoblur. The online thingy where you can track your phobe and that. Happens on mine as well.
And sniffs is right. Try conditioning the battery

Yeah thanks for that info. Sorry I haven't responded in quite a while. I have been busy.

I reconditioned the battery and it seems to be doing better, but it still acts funky with how much percentage is remaining after you power it off and back on. I am hoping the next android update for the phone will fix that, because I have heard that has to do with the current version 2.3.5 or whatever on the atrix.

I also had my phone freeze up for the first time after the phone had been on the charger over night, not a BSOD, but a literal freeze up. You couldn't even power down the damn thing. It happened when I went to respond to a text message. I had to pop the battery out and back in to reset it, and it hasn't done it again yet. Probably because I haven't left it on the charger all night again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes