Atrix Update Available

Joe H.

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I just got an update today for my Atrix 4G. I'm downloading it now. I was not part of the soak tests or anything like that. I actually didn't even get the notification text to update, I'm just one of those people who just check for updates every couple of days.
Anyone else get the update yet?

jezzabel

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Wife got a notification last night for this. Downloaded and installed it, not like she'll let me mess around with it or anything.

porando

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I decided to upgrade my rooted Atrix last night. Of course lost root access, had to restore PW to emails, Bluetooth didn't link with car this morning.. Other than that everything went fine...
Only positive thing is that when I re-rooted it using "std" script, I got an error messages on couple occasions that files were already installed but rooting went with no issues and the most important "UNLOCKED" message when rooted phone boots is no longer there.....

porando

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
there was info link on update message.. Nothing critical just short list of things "improved" - Wi-fi (which I had issues with all the time), Bluetooth (supposed to be able now use voice commands via bluetooth when phone is in sleep mode) and something else I don't care about... Since I am not running any custom ROMs, I decided to bite the bullet and update then spend 5 min and re-root.

Ameri-CAIN

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
@porando, I noticed you said you had to reset your email password after the update. That made me send myself a test email which I didn't get. I tried to refresh to no avail, but I noticed the refresh Icon on my toolbar and it wasn't going away. I went into settings/accounts and selected my google account. I noticed a static refresh icon next to my gmail, and I noticed that "Sync Instant Upload" was checked, and the refresh icon next to it was spinning. I enabled this feature through google plus a long time ago to check out the feature but I was pretty sure I disabled it. After disabling "Sync Instant Upload" my gmail started to refresh. Did the update enable this setting for anyone else? It automatically pushes your pictures to the google cloud, supposedly privately, but I was a little uneasy about it after I saw what it did which is why I disabled it in the first place.

Copernikus

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded and installed the update. Now my phone keeps rebooting itself nonstop.
It was not rooted or romed before the update. I have manually powered it down and also did a battery pull.
Any clue how to find what is causing the reboots.

Timelessblur

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Well I jumped on it a little to quickly and fried root on my phone. 2.3.6 does not have any real exploit yet so we can root it.

You can keep root if you follow the right steps but I did not do that and no going back now to fix it.

neverendingmods

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Did the update late last night. Will see if this fixes my Atrix sending SMS messages to wrong person. Phone would, always in a REPLY SMS message, choose another contact currently in SMS inbox folder. Was VERY annoying. Not to mention the recipients getting texts not meant for them!!
Basically a privacy breach.

ygthb

May 3, 2011
Visit site
still in the same boat, un rooted, removed alot of apps, tried both OTA and PC based, gets 1/3 of the way through the reboot and shows droid with exclamation mark. reboots and tells me update failed.

Can anyone figure this out. I will keep trying and documenting. if I get it to work I will post.

Etrain31

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone noticed their battery life really taking a hit after this most recent update? My battery now discharges at a much faster rate than it ever did pre-2.3.6-update. Non rooted

njlx016

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Did the update late last night. Will see if this fixes my Atrix sending SMS messages to wrong person. Phone would, always in a REPLY SMS message, choose another contact currently in SMS inbox folder. Was VERY annoying. Not to mention the recipients getting texts not meant for them!!
Basically a privacy breach.

It's funny... my Atrix did this too with the first GB update... but it didn't always do it, it only started in the last couple months.

It did the same thing once on me with the latest update... kinda upset, it is an annoying and potentially embarrasing bug. I'll have to see what happens as I send more texts.

Has anyone noticed their battery life really taking a hit after this most recent update? My battery now discharges at a much faster rate than it ever did pre-2.3.6-update. Non rooted

The battery life for me is the same... no noticeable change. GB has a bug where "rild" tends to go crazy occasionally and suck down the battery. Go to the battery usage screen and if it shows up, reboot your phone and it should go away.

Last edited:

rgibbons2

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: Atrix Update Available, battery dies quickly

"Has anyone noticed their battery life really taking a hit after this most recent update? "

After the OTA update, my battery dies quickly. Several times a day (never happened before OTA) the phone turns itself on, and the unlock screen is displayed; the phone is very warm, and the battery much lower than it should be; (sometimes I find this when it beeps to say it is 15% battery remaining). I've removed the batter to reboot the phone a few times; didn't help.

Russ

joeham3

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
The calendar sync for my corporate calendar changed it's setting to "sync not visible". I can change it but as soon as the phone goes into sleep mode it reverts back. So my calendar always shows no appointments. I talked to ATT "support" who talked to motorola and the best they could come up with was to do a hard reset on the phone and if that doesn't fix it they will replace the phone.
Be wary of this update!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke