HDMI Mirroring?

Auzo

May 25, 2010
Visit site
The Galaxy S series has the third ring on the female end of it's 3.5mm jack, it carries the video through a 3.5mm to composite RCA cable.

Ah yes that makes sense, thanks for the explanation.

So at best with this method you have standard def which is a far cry from outputting HD.

JVAndroid

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Even without the HD quality, the 3.5 to composite is at least reliable. My experience with using the HDMI out on the Evo is rather grim, phone reboots, florce closes, and overall instability galore with three differant Evos, (no, they were not mine) and two different cables. I'm not sure if Motorola's implementation on the DX has been better, but for the sake of the Atrix, I hope so... because I plan on having one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Auzo

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Ya for the Atrix the Tegra 2 supports 2 displays at a hardware level so as long as Motorola wants it you will have high quality cloning that looks as good as it does on the LG Optimus 2X.

From Nvidia:
NVIDIA Tegra 2

Display
Display Controllers 2 simultaneous
HDMI 1.3 1920x1080
LCD 1024x600 (Tegra 230)
1680x1050 (Tegra 250)
CRT 1280x1024 (Tegra 230)
1600x1200 (Tegra 250)
MIPI DSI Yes

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
No, it's definitely the processor. You could probably do some fake mirroring in software but the performance would be bad.

First off you are comparing a hummingbird based SoC from Samsung to the first gen Qualcomm Snapdragon Processor (SGX540 >> Adreno200). Secondly there is a huge difference from mirroring 1080p through HDMI vs "crap quality" through the 3.5mm headset jack (I am very interested to see how you output video over that jack btw.)

Even so, there is nothing stopping the phone from rendering the screen and displaying multiple outputs if the GPU can send output to multiple screens. Not talking from a phone standpoint, but from that of a PC, rendering an image takes the processing power. Displaying the same image on more than one screen does not. If the GPU on the HTC's had enough clock gens to support two screens, HDMI mirroring would be possible on a hardware level.

lampux

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
There IS hdmi Mirroring........when you connect it to a TV, it will give you the option for entertainment center mode or "do nothing" mode. "Do nothing" mode will simply mirror your screen on the TV instead of launching into Moto's entertainment center styled UI with your phone's screen turning into the remote.

That's a good news. I have a doubt: if I want connect the atrix to a TV, could I buy just a simple HDMI cable (mini hdmi) or I will be forced to buy the multimedia dock to connect the atrix to TV? The real mirroring is the first option, like you can do with lg optimus 2x.

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
There IS hdmi Mirroring........when you connect it to a TV, it will give you the option for entertainment center mode or "do nothing" mode. "Do nothing" mode will simply mirror your screen on the TV instead of launching into Moto's entertainment center styled UI with your phone's screen turning into the remote.

Can you post/find a picture of this?

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
If you go onto youtube and search for "Atrix CES demo", you'll find many demos of the Atrix's video-out option menu when the Motorola spokespeople put the phone into the docks.

I am not sure if "do nothing mode" will mirror the display or actually "do absolutely nothing"

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Ohh you mean this... I read this thread but chose not to do it cuz of the issues people been having with it.... I might give it a try though... btw if i flash back to 4.1.57 will this remove webtop hack as well? Thanks man!

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
well I flashe to .83 before putting gingerblur just to clear out my phone and did a soft reset too and it removed everything,so I guess yea.
Im thinking of not keeping gingerblur tho...its beautiful but theres no landscape support in anything like browser,menus or whatever except apps that use landscape and camera,but its a nice ROM really kool since the notification bar is black and the theme is pretty kool.

Edit** it will remove the hack but you can always re-do it

Reactions: dalvik

esper.knight

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
The Atrix does not have mirroring as far as I know (I have one). Every time I plug in the HDMI cable and connect it I get an app that comes up that turns the phone into a remote control that can push certain things, but it doesn't mirror. It sucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12