Worth switching to AT&T?

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
This phone looks simply amazing but I'm on T-Mobile right now. I could use it on tmobiles edge network but that would suck. How is at&ts network and how is their pricing? Honestly everyone talks down on at&t I hardly hear anything good about them.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

corneliusm

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Depends on your location. I've been to places where AT&T's network is the best. Others, not so great.

Here in Central Florida, AT&T is considered 3rd-ranked (VZW, Sprint, AT&T, then T-Mobile) as far as network quality, but I use it and it works- though 1/5 of my calls drop, but I mostly use it for data anyway.

Ask around locally- see if any coworkers and friends have AT&T, and ask their opinion. Or tell us what city you're in and hope that someone here can chime in...

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
you know who can help also i just remembered. Billshrink put in your zipcode and it gives you the bars to see whos better in your area. But yeah ask friends co workers and see what they say.

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm in socal. The thing is everyone wants to talk crap on T-Mobile but I NEVER get any dropped calls and I have good signal at all times.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

corneliusm

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
you know who can help also i just remembered. Billshrink put in your zipcode and it gives you the bars to see whos better in your area. But yeah ask friends co workers and see what they say.
Just tried Billshrink, and AT&T shows all 4 bars in my zip for home and work, yet I get terrible reception in those places. VZW shows 2 bars, and I know for a fact their coverage is much better in these two places.

I don't put much faith in that website.

raziel

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
an awesome phone wasted on a crappy network. I'm in SoCal / LA Metro area and AT&T is spotty in places I go to. That's the main reason why I changed from iPhone for to Evo.

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
The Atrix is a very enticing phone and I really, really wish it were available on Verizon. NFW I'm going back to AT&T, no matter how good the phone is.

Like Bing and WinPhone 7, they'll have to earn their market share - not try to buy it or leave customers without a choice - before they get any respect from me.

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I've been on At&t for the past decade and been all over the US from Seattle to SoCal to New York....... never had a single problem in any city I was in. Always a good signal, except one time in a football stadium.

Disclaimer: I do not own an iPhone.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
My wife has an iPhone 3g and has no issues with coverage in my area at times she will have 3g when I don't I'm looking at this phone if Verizon's prices go up for 4g devices then I will switch I already pay to much as is and the speeds I get are pathetic

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if people with iPhones will have the same problems on Verizon? (dropped calls, etc) Then maybe people will wake up and realise that the its an apple problem.

puja_g

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
AT&T is great where I live. Great signal and full bars all the time, I still have an old blackberry 8900 and the crappy edge running browser is still fast. I loves AT&T and love th service I get

AndreaCristiano#AC

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I've been on At&t for the past decade and been all over the US from Seattle to SoCal to New York....... never had a single problem in any city I was in. Always a good signal, except one time in a football stadium.

Disclaimer: I do not own an iPhone.

same with me i have had AT&t pre iphone one many many years and I never have a problem, alot of the AT&T hate is unfounded hyperbol. I mean for a network that supposedly sucks so much they keep adding the most customers quarter after quarter and have the lowest churn rate in the industry( means they loose the least customers) if the BS was true people would be fleeing the network, ya know like they do to sprint and tmobile every quarter

mdunn1066

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I dont understand the huge amounts of negativity towards ATT's network. The places i've been with my phone in the US, ATT has always been equal or better than Verizon or tmo. In my area, and my house for example, its a "dead zone" for all carriers. Guess which carrier still manages to squeak in a couple bars of service? ATT.

Thats a very common theme I have noticed, i can't say why maybe im just very lucky, but ATT and Cingular for that matter, have always been good for me. Find which carrier suits you best, but i would definitely say the Atrix is worth a switch.

Reactions: john_v and btgrave

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma