Will the Motorola Atrix have Swype installed? If not will it be installable?
    01-18-2011 10:28 AM
    I think it comes pre-installed with Swype. I remember seeing it in a video from CES. In any manor if it's not, you will be able to sign up for Swype's beta program.
    01-18-2011 11:06 AM
    Thanks. I am used to the Blackberry keyboard, and have difficulty with virtual keyboards, particularly one-handed. Swype makes a big difference for me.
    01-18-2011 11:58 AM
    I am pretty sure Swype has opened up its beta once again. Just sign up for it now, in case it does not come on the phone and you'll be all set
    01-18-2011 04:34 PM
    Yea it comes with two keyboards default and swype, you can switch between them from the keyboard (id image through the systems menu as well)
    01-18-2011 05:49 PM
    sweeeeet... was scared about this myself.. cuz i'm signed up to the beta program already... but i know this thing is rocking a different resolution and swype doesn't play nice with different resolutions...
    01-31-2011 05:20 PM
    It's nice to see Swype will be pre-installed. Can't wait to test it out.
    01-31-2011 07:27 PM
    Are we sure that AT&T will have Swype pre-installed, or allow sideloading a beta?

I bought the Inspire and took it back later that day because of the lack of sideloading, and NO swype. It had 2.2 also.

I'm all for trying it next week, but I don't want to get caught not getting everything I'm expecting...again.

Thanks!
    02-18-2011 08:32 AM
    Are we sure that AT&T will have Swype pre-installed, or allow sideloading a beta?
    AT&T does not allow sideloading but, as you know, you can get around that.

Every video I've seen from CES shows Swype on the Atrix and the phones that were sent out for review also had it. My Captivate, also on AT&T, has Swype, so I don't think AT&T has anything against it (if that's what you're worried about).
    02-18-2011 08:48 AM
    Look under the messaging section

says it has predictive text android and swype
    02-18-2011 09:15 AM
    Thanks, Jess.

The Inspire did NOT have Swype, so I didn't want to assume, that because it was Android, it would come with it.

Have a good one!
    02-18-2011 09:03 PM
    Hope so , all The motorola phones that came after the Droid\Milestone have SWYPE pre-installed in them
    If it did't came out with it , you can always sign up for beta (i did , that's how I got SWYPE for my MileStone) , but its gonna be sucks having to use AC side-loader to install SWYPE's installer every time the beta expires
    02-19-2011 02:38 AM
    Wonder if the gingerbread keyboard will work with the atrix.
    02-19-2011 06:21 AM
    Wonder if the gingerbread keyboard will work with the atrix.
    it should work , since the the GingerBread keyboard port works with fro-Yo & up
    02-19-2011 08:06 PM
    Check out the video in the link :

http://www.androidcentral.com/new-at...rough-atrix-4g
    02-19-2011 08:07 PM
    it should work , since the the GingerBread keyboard port works with fro-Yo & up
    Was wondering if the res will cause issues. Love the predictive text in gingerbread... HTC predictive is slightly better IMO.
    02-19-2011 10:06 PM