01-24-2011 10:28 PM
32 12
tools
    You know what I'm glad this gets released before bionic gives them time to unlock root the thing.

Sent from DroidX running DarkSlide4.2
    01-22-2011 09:59 AM
    Bottom line... Does anyone really feel this phone won't be rooted within a month?
    01-24-2011 06:43 PM
    I give it two weeks. There's going to be a lot of these ay there and I think developers will want to to see what can be done.

01-24-2011 09:55 PM
    I have no doubt that it will be rooted but getting around the bootloader is another issue all together i've already heard motorola's future plans are much worse than what we see now. But it's best to wait and see, oh and I've heard that from more than one source
    01-24-2011 10:04 PM
    I think it's pretty safe to say Motorola is only going to make things harder and harder on us in regards to the bootloader. And to be quite frank, I'm not sure how much I'm buying into their statement that they are working on a compromise...a part of me thinks they just said that to ice the wound they left when that employee made those comments about buying elsewhere.
    01-24-2011 10:07 PM
    ^^ I'm with you until I see the proof their words will be taken with a grain of salt. Now if they come up with a compromise that allows me to unlock my phone in return I loose my manufacturer warranty im all over it and this or the bionic
    01-24-2011 10:14 PM
    I give it two weeks. There's going to be a lot of these ay there and I think developers will want to to see what can be done.

The first rom for the X took 5 weeks to the day. So I think two weeks is a little optimistic. Of course if some of the same programs can be used that changes things. But we have no idea if they closed some of the doors.
    01-24-2011 10:28 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD