01-24-2011 10:28 PM
32 12
tools
    Confirmed as per the comment on this Youtube video by Motorola.

corneliusm, chaz_uk and enzofall like this.
    01-19-2011 02:42 AM
    Not surprised. Every Motorola Android phone has a locked bootloader (even the original Droid, except it was weak)

That said, whichever PR person managing Moto's Youtube account doesn't sound very professional. It appears they hired some kid to handle comments...
    01-19-2011 11:45 AM
    Now that could have been typed nicer. Comes across as very arrogant.

Thanks for sharong it!
    01-19-2011 03:17 PM
    Not suprised either but am shocked at the attitude given. I think someone should be looking for a new job. I know if I saw that I would fire them. And since it has hit here on the main page if will be on every blog before the night is done.
    01-19-2011 03:21 PM
    Samsung may be slow with the updates, but at least we don't get the attitude like that.
    01-19-2011 03:31 PM
    Damnit Motorola. And I really wanted to get a Bionic & Xoom too.

Thanks to their asshat loader-strategy, and Samsung's pisspoor OS upgrade performance. It looks like I'm stuck on HTC products.

Oh well, here's hoping HTC comes out firing on all cylinders when they give us some Tablet and dual-core phone love.
    01-19-2011 03:35 PM
    Samsung may be slow with the updates, but at least we don't get the attitude like that.
    Samsung just gives all of its customers a perpetual bird.
    01-19-2011 03:36 PM
    I had been considering both the Atrix and the Xoom... but, not anymore.

Using Android without custom Roms is like having sex while not being allowed to climax... it may be fun for a minute or two; but, at the end of the day, what's the f'n point?!
    01-19-2011 03:47 PM

Using Android without custom Roms is like having sex without being allowed to climax... it's fun for a minute; but, at the end of the day, what's the f'n point?!
    Unless Moto has found some new way to lock down the phone they have not been able to prevent custom roms. It is custom kernels that are a no go.
    01-19-2011 03:50 PM
    Just like with all Motorola devices someone will find a workaround the bootloader.
    01-19-2011 03:51 PM
    Now that could have been typed nicer. Comes across as very arrogant.

Thanks for sharong it!
    It looks like they got a ton of replies for that remark!

It appears they are trying to flag some of those messages as spam.
    01-19-2011 03:53 PM
    It looks like they got a ton of replies for that remark!

It appears they are trying to flag some of those messages as spam.
    I just went back and it appears the moto comment is gone as well.
    01-19-2011 03:57 PM
    all negative comments removed. what a joke of a company.

video flagged.
    01-19-2011 03:57 PM

Using Android without custom Roms is like having sex while not being allowed to climax... it may be fun for a minute or two; but, at the end of the day, what's the f'n point?!
    you're still having sex as opposed to your hand.

I'll take the sex. Thank you!
    01-19-2011 04:13 PM
    All new comments have to pend approval too. Moto, you suck. No way am I going for the Bionic now. Thunderbolt baby!
    01-19-2011 04:15 PM

That really puts in perspective. LOL
    01-19-2011 04:54 PM

You're mistakenly assuming that your hand is the only other option.

I'd rather sleep with an 8 or a 9 that will go the distance, than a 10 who won't let me finish... But maybe that's just me?
    01-19-2011 04:55 PM
    You guys must remember that we are a very small minority and that most customers will never use these phones to their full capabilities, In that I will continue to support motorola my X has served me well
    01-19-2011 05:09 PM
    You're mistakenly assuming that your hand is the only other option.

I'd rather sleep with an 8 or a 9 that will go the distance, than a 10 who won't let me finish... But maybe that's just me?
    Now you're just massaging the wording. He said "having sex without being allowed to climax". It wasn't based on a specific person, but the act as a whole.

Back to the topic at hand, I still would take a super awesome up to date phone that I actually want with just having to wait a while before it gets cracked vs. a phone I don't really want that is already cracked.

You guys must remember that we are a very small minority and that most customers will never use these phones to their full capabilities, In that I will continue to support motorola my X has served me well
    Yup!
    01-19-2011 06:58 PM
    The lack of custom roms may be a big set back.
    01-19-2011 08:05 PM
    The lack of custom roms may be a big set back.
    Keep in mind that even with a locked bootloader, there can still be custom roms. I mean, you can flash customized roms for the DroidX. The difference is that these roms will need to be based off the original rom due to the inability to change some protected files, like the kernel- the most important files need to be "signed" by Motorola to flash. So while you can root and unlock some features like tethering, you wouldn't be able to build from source like the most stable roms (ie- cyanogen) do. It's possible you couldn't completely get rid of motoblur and have a stock Android experience.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    01-19-2011 08:42 PM
    You all are pathetic look how long it took to root the dinc look what HTC did to g2 how about u pull your heads up and get over it. I'll place 100$ bet these new MOTO androids will be rooted and flashed in 30days. And if some die-hard developers would spend some quality time they could get around the efuse. The Motorola platform doesn't have development support like HTC.
    btgrave likes this.
    01-19-2011 09:07 PM
    You all are pathetic look how long it took to root the dinc look what HTC did to g2 how about u pull your heads up and get over it. I'll place 100$ bet these new MOTO androids will be rooted and flashed in 30days. And if some die-hard developers would spend some quality time they could get around the efuse. The Motorola platform doesn't have development support like HTC.
    tell em how you really feel cowboy! pathetic, really? are you this passionate about other things or just smartphones, yikes!

Also, who cares how long it took? look at the dev community for Dinc top notch. with iron clad bootloaders, motorola devices will never get the same love.
    01-19-2011 10:09 PM
    honestly, I think this bootloader will be cracked asap. This phone is going to get some attention.. a lot of iPhone 3GS users on AT&T will also have their contracts expire next month and might be willing to switch to Android for this phone when it comes out in March. If this phone gets the attention and sales, you can bet it's going to be cracked so there's a way to put custom roms with custom kernals on it.
    01-22-2011 03:54 AM

Ask your wife!
    01-22-2011 07:15 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD