Possible February release date for Atrix?

AZAndroid

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Makes sense to me with the VZiP4 coming on the 10th.. ATT needs to offer potential customers and current customers something to think about and make any decision They xmight have a little harder. Ie: Have the most powerful smartphone in the world available so people have atleast another option to head to ATT.

I just hope the inspire is out shortly after or before. You think ATT would release that before or after the atrix?

lsutigers03

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
In this Hofo post, long time member ivwshane states that on the 18th he got to play with an Atrix in his store and the rep told him they would be released before Valentines Day. Thoughts???

There has been some speculation on androidforums.com that Feb 13 could be a logical release date. Some people were saying that AT&T liked to release phones on Sunday which fits Feb 13. Also someone over there said they work for Best Buy Mobile and they said that an AT&T rep said the Inspire and Atrix were lined up for a Feb 13 release.

Stagger0

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I was just talking to a best buy mobile guy (i rarely take anything they say seriously) about the HTC Thunderbolt and Bionic, and he mentioned that if i couldn't wait, I could always get the Atrix 4g that comes out next month(February). He also mentioned that the laptop dock is going to be around $150.

crea78

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
$150 sounds about right for the laptop dock. An accessory I'll eventually get, but, have to get a 16GB micro SDHC card and an Otterbox case first.

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
$150 sounds about right for the laptop dock. An accessory I'll eventually get, but, have to get a 16GB micro SDHC card and an Otterbox case first.

ONLY 16?? I'm just gonna max out the SD space (even though I know I won't use all of it) when I get it, and then Otterbox, invisiShield, maybe an android decal to cover that Otter logo, and then prob the laptop, multimedia, and car docks.....hopefully they have a cheap bundle.

Geez I'm sure glad I already started saving for this phone a while back hahaha.:-[
Can't wait to pose my mini Android figure with this phone just because its that awesome!

FoodStamp

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one who thinks $150 for the webtop dock is a bit overpriced? It's just a shell! A real netbook is about $200. Hopefully the price will drop after they bleed a ton of cash from the early adoptors. Next year it might be only $75. Well no matter what I still going to get it.

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one who thinks $150 for the webtop dock is a bit overpriced? It's just a shell! A real netbook is about $200. Hopefully the price will drop after they bleed a ton of cash from the early adoptors. Next year it might be only $75. Well no matter what I still going to get it.

The screen and the battery are some of the most expensive parts.

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one who thinks $150 for the webtop dock is a bit overpriced? ...Next year it might be only $75. Well no matter what I still going to get it.

I was thinking more along the lines of it being $200+ dollars. So $150 sounds great to me.

Think about it like this: (150+25+15+15+80=$285)
-Monitor ~$150
-Keyboard ~$25
-Mouse ~$15
-USB Hub ~$15
-Extended Battery ~$80

Stagger0

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
He also said 15 inch monitor forgot that part. Only regular LCD nothing fancy. He didn't know the resolution, or how the extended battery worked.

FoodStamp

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Textiacc,

Those are retail prices. $150 for an 11 inch monitor? Come on! I can go over to China and get one for maybe $15. As for the USB hubs I see those at the 99cents store. I know they have to make a profit and all but I think it would really take off with a price tag of $99.99

What I really want to know is are the next-gen Atrix or what have you will be compatible with this webtop dock. I don't want to have to keep updating my webtop whenever I get a new phone. That would be crazy.

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Textiacc,

Those are retail prices. $150 for an 11 inch monitor? Come on! I can go over to China and get one for maybe $15. As for the USB hubs I see those at the 99cents store. I know they have to make a profit and all but I think it would really take off with a price tag of $99.99

:cool:Of course their retail prices, the laptop dock is going to be a retail item and should be compared as such.

no1

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Textiacc,

What I really want to know is are the next-gen Atrix or what have you will be compatible with this webtop dock. I don't want to have to keep updating my webtop whenever I get a new phone. That would be crazy.

Outstanding question. . . I've been looking around several forums, but unable to find the answer to this. I believe this is a major draw for iPhone users, and I would like to see the practice used by other manufacturers.

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

What netbook is $200? This thing has a good sized battery (I think I saw it as 3600MAh battery, so a 3cell battery), an aluminum shell, an 11.6" screen, and what looks like a good track pad and keyboard, not to mention there is some necessary circuitry in that thing. Something like this costs much more than $200 on a netbook to my knowledge.

Reactions: Droidfiend

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Well here is the pricing on the docks.....minus the laptop.

Motorola Atrix 4G - Accessories - Motorola Atrix 4G

Pre-order of course, and the prices seem reasonable i guess.

If that is true, then hell yeah I don't see why people would not spend $10 more for a multimedia dock even if they don't use it........always better to have than to not. I'm hoping their car dock works with the otterbox case.

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
If that is true, then hell yeah I don't see why people would not spend $10 more for a multimedia dock even if they don't use it........always better to have than to not. I'm hoping their car dock works with the otterbox case.

+1...if that's the pricing I'm getting 2 multimedia docks instead of a plain charging dock.
That's a good question on the otterbox and car dock...if it doesn't, I may just go invisible shield or ghost armor, since I know I'll use the car dock all the time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta