Atrix Otterbox Cases

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
So, I was looking at the new Otterbox Reflex series case that they announced at CES, when I randomly stumbled upon this little gem:
Motorola ATRIX Cases // OtterBox.com
mot2-atrix-20.jpg
mot4-atrix-20.jpg
mot1-atrix-20.jpg

Seems like Otterbox already are in the process of making available Defender, Commuter, and Impact cases for the Atrix!

Hopefully this means the wait to get them will be minimal compared to previous hot phones...

Although, I would really like to see Otterbox do a Reflex series case for the Atrix as well......along with multiple color offerings.

Can't wait!!

Commuter (and that sexy back design) for me :D

Last edited:

anthonok

May 25, 2010
Visit site
i know this is the android forum but WTF. Im currently using a wp7 samsung focus and otterbox will not make a case for it. its the top wp7 phone yet they make one for the wp7 dell venue pro that has been backordered (not from sales but from being plagued with issues since day 1) oh well i plan on getting an atrix anyway. but i doubt itll fit in the laptop dock with a case so idk

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
i know this is the android forum but WTF. Im currently using a wp7 samsung focus and otterbox will not make a case for it. its the top wp7 phone yet they make one for the wp7 dell venue pro that has been backordered (not from sales but from being plagued with issues since day 1) oh well i plan on getting an atrix anyway. but i doubt itll fit in the laptop dock with a case so idk

There are holes to the ports, but yeah not 100% sure it'll fit. Looks like it will at least have contact with it.....so maybe that will be enough?

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
YouTube - MOTOROLA ATRIX Experience 5 In Car Navigation

Bad news...doesn't look like the car dock will work with any case. Watch the video and notice the dimensions of the dock, how snug it is to the phone.
Gonna have to rethink this and decide whether I want otterbox protection or in and out dock convenience. May just have to go with invisible shield or ghost armor. Nuts, I hate either/or propositions. Why can't I have my cake and eat it too?? :p

Edited to add: I know this means nothing, but I thought it was cool...As I was watching the car dock video, I thought the map on the atrix looked a little familiar, and lo and behold, that phone was in my neck of the woods when that video was shot. (Unless of course the screen is just simulated). Motorola does have a headquarters here in the nw burbs of chicago so I guess it shouldnt be too surprising. But still....

googlemapatrix.jpg

googlemap.jpg

Last edited:

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Do you think the car dock would work with an invisisheild?

Yeah I think so too. I had an invisible shield on an iTouch, and it doesn't really add any thickness to it. It's going to be a tough decision; I think I may have to wait until I actually hold one and see how it's constructed (materials, etc) to decide which way to go. I talked to an ATT guy today who said he should have one in hand by Feb. 4th, so I plan on going over there that evening and seeing if he'll let me check it out. (Man, I've got it soooo bad...seriously can't wait for this thing to come out!!:'( )

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I talked to an ATT guy today who said he should have one in hand by Feb. 4th, so I plan on going over there that evening and seeing if he'll let me check it out. (Man, I've got it soooo bad...seriously can't wait for this thing to come out!!:'( )

What Att store/location? Is it in LA area?

scrounger

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Since to me the car dock looks like it just holds the phone with a charging cable, I would think that any car holder would actually do the same thing. The better question would be "Will the Otterbox case keep the Atrix from fitting into any of the docks?".

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Since to me the car dock looks like it just holds the phone with a charging cable, I would think that any car holder would actually do the same thing. The better question would be "Will the Otterbox case keep the Atrix from fitting into any of the docks?".

I've actually been looking at ProClip. They seem pricey but should they make one for the Atrix with a charging port, I might try them out. Their mounts and cases are made for each specific vehicle and phone.

or.... just slap a magnet on the back of the case and on the car with superglue

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I've actually been looking at ProClip. They seem pricey but should they make one for the Atrix with a charging port, I might try them out. Their mounts and cases are made for each specific vehicle and phone.

or.... just slap a magnet on the back of the case and on the car with superglue

Ouch! Couldnt imagine doing that to an otterbox! :p

crea78

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I have a ProClip mount for my Garmin GPS. It is a bit pricey ($60 for 2 pieces of plastic), but it has been overall a joy to use.

SedahDrol

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I doubt any case will work with any of the atrix docking accessories. This was one of the first question I asked myself. If I switch to att from a sprint pre for an atrix, would I buy all the accessories or would I buy a case. Or do both and constantly remove the case only when docking.

Askia32

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm gonna go with the Defender since it has a belt clip included. Than I'll cut out the plastic film since the phone will be protected with Invisishield too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21