04-17-2011 06:26 PM
40 12
tools
    I tried installing an app today with AC Sideload Wonder and couldn't make it work with Atrix. HEre is what I did:
    1. Installed Motorola drivers on my Win 7 x64 machine.
    2. Connected Atrix in USB Mass storage mode (with USB debug enabled).
    3. Ran AC Sideload Wonder and selected the .apk file and clicked Go.
    4. The command window appeared and after a minute, it asked me to "Press a key to continue" if I see the device's serial number. But there was no serial number there.
    5. I still pressed a key and it did nothing.

Is AC Sideload Wonder not compatible with Atrix or Win 7 x64?
    02-23-2011 09:11 AM
    I tried installing an app today with AC Sideload Wonder and couldn't make it work with Atrix. HEre is what I did:
    1. Installed Motorola drievrs
    2. Connected Atrix in USB Mass storage mode.
    4. The command window appeared and after a minute, it asked me to "Press a key to continue" if I see the device's serial number. But there was no serial number there.

Is AC Sideload Wonder not compatible with Atrix?
    Were you in USB debug mode? That seems to be one of the steps you left out. Don't get me wrong, I'm not an Android user yet...but I've been doing my research...lots of research haha.
    02-23-2011 09:13 AM
    Yes, USB debug was enabled. I missed out in my earlier post, but have included it now.
    02-23-2011 09:15 AM
    1. Installed Motorola drivers on my Win 7 x64 machine.
    2. Connected Atrix in USB Mass storage mode (with USB debug enabled).

Is AC Sideload Wonder not compatible with Atrix or Win 7 x64?
    OK, I guess I didn't know this. The USB connection needs to be setup for Windows Media Sync, and then only Sideloader works. I was able to successfully install an app
    02-23-2011 10:53 AM
    Yes with media sync and usb debugging it seems to work fine. • Windows 7 x64•
    02-23-2011 01:09 PM
    I just clicked on "None" or something like that. I didn't use the Windows Media Sync. Either way, sideloading works fine on the Atrix.
    02-23-2011 02:16 PM
    I will ROM this ASAP and sideload at my free will.
    lol you don't have to "ROM" anything. Just root it and enable sideloading.
    02-23-2011 02:41 PM
    lol you don't have to "ROM" anything. Just root it and enable sideloading.
    Yup thats what I did.
    02-23-2011 02:55 PM
    How to enable SideLoading on the Atrix ?
    I've already asked who managed to do it on XDA ,but didn't tell me !
    The SideLoading & the price will determine where imma get my Atrix (US or UK) ?
    02-23-2011 03:55 PM
    How to enable SideLoading on the Atrix ?
    I've already asked who managed to do it on XDA ,but didn't tell me !
    The SideLoading & the price will determine where imma get my Atrix (US or UK) ?
    You can root (how-to and video here) or you can use the Sideload Wonder Machine, which does not require rooting.
    IceDree likes this.
    02-23-2011 04:11 PM
    I'm a nooooob, so bear with me. For some reason, after I installed an SD card, the side load wonder machine shows that my phone is not speaking to my computer via usb. I can see it in my devices list and I can drag and drop from my computer to my phone, but the side loader wonder machine shows an error, device cannot be found. What am I doing wrong? I have the USB mode set to None, but I don't have it set to debugging because I can't find that option. Could that be making the difference?

Thanks for your help...

<edit> I forgot to mention that I reinstalled all the drivers from Moto's site, though I didn't think that was necessary since I've been charging my phone via USB with my computer and dragging and dropping files, without a hitch. My computer is talking to my phone, but the side load wonder machine doesn't appear to be talking to my phone.
    04-17-2011 05:46 PM
    but I don't have it set to debugging because I can't find that option. Could that be making the difference?
    yes, i think so.

goto menu>settings>application settings>development>and there it is

I do not have an SD card in, but I had no issues using SWM and I to am a noob. good luck!
    tunie likes this.
    04-17-2011 05:50 PM
    I'm a nooooob, so bear with me. For some reason, after I installed an SD card, the side load wonder machine shows that my phone is not speaking to my computer via usb. I can see it in my devices list and I can drag and drop from my computer to my phone, but the side loader wonder machine shows an error, device cannot be found. What am I doing wrong? I have the USB mode set to None, but I don't have it set to debugging because I can't find that option. Could that be making the difference?

Thanks for your help...
    Since your SD card is seen as a disk drive, much like a USB thumb drive, you are able to move files back and forth. Just as tsnum says below turning on debugging mode should help. if it does not then your drivers are not installed properly.try finding the proper drivers and installing them.

yes, i think so.

I do not have an SD card in, but I had no issues using SWM and I to am a noob. good luck!
    tunie likes this.
    04-17-2011 06:06 PM
    yes, i think so.

Sheesh...it was the debugging thing. You were right! I'm so ashamed. Like I thought I could just skip a step and everything would be fine and to make things worse, I had to go and reveal my impatience and ignorance in public! Just great

Thank you. It's working like a charm.
    04-17-2011 06:21 PM
    Since your SD card is seen as a disk drive, much like a USB thumb drive, you are able to move files back and forth. Just as tsnum says below turning on debugging mode should help. if it does not then your drivers are not installed properly.try finding the proper drivers and installing them.
    Yes, I can see that now. Well, I reinstalled all the drivers just in case, so at least I know they're ok. I looked all over for where to find the option to set the usb to debugging, but I couldn't find it so, out of frustration, I posted in here. Typing before thinking.<kicking myself> Thank you so much for your help!
    04-17-2011 06:26 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD