AC Sideload Wonder Machine

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
According to Android & Me, AT&T is allowing the sideloading of apps on the new Inspire 4G. Hopefully, they will do the same on the Atrix as well.

"Fortunately, I?m happy to report that the HTC Inspire 4G is the first phone on AT&T that allows users to install applications from the SD card and other sources."

Source:Video: Unboxing the HTC Inspire 4G from AT&T ? Android and Me

That's 100 percent wrong. You can't sideload on it. I'm holding one right now, and you sure as hell can't do it.

Sigh.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
i was soo bummed when i saw the headline on the front page about the lack of side load apps. perhaps at&t will open up in future but if not we have the sideload wonder machine or adb

I know im probably one of the few people who is very happy with at&ts service in my area and their customer service. i really hope they open up to side loading as every other carrier is.

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
i was soo bummed when i saw the headline on the front page about the lack of side load apps. perhaps at&t will open up in future but if not we have the sideload wonder machine or adb

I know im probably one of the few people who is very happy with at&ts service in my area and their customer service. i really hope they open up to side loading as every other carrier is.

(1+) to ATT service, it is number one were I live and in many parts of my area faster and with more bars than Big Red.

(1-) for the optimism, never expect that much from att they are a bunch of greedy w****s and want you to buy from the android marketplace so they can get a piece of the action on ever app sold.

shashankmittal

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I tried installing an app today with AC Sideload Wonder and couldn't make it work with Atrix. HEre is what I did:
1. Installed Motorola drivers on my Win 7 x64 machine.
2. Connected Atrix in USB Mass storage mode (with USB debug enabled).
3. Ran AC Sideload Wonder and selected the .apk file and clicked Go.
4. The command window appeared and after a minute, it asked me to "Press a key to continue" if I see the device's serial number. But there was no serial number there.
5. I still pressed a key and it did nothing.

Is AC Sideload Wonder not compatible with Atrix or Win 7 x64?

ECghostie

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I tried installing an app today with AC Sideload Wonder and couldn't make it work with Atrix. HEre is what I did:
1. Installed Motorola drievrs
2. Connected Atrix in USB Mass storage mode.
4. The command window appeared and after a minute, it asked me to "Press a key to continue" if I see the device's serial number. But there was no serial number there.

Is AC Sideload Wonder not compatible with Atrix?

Were you in USB debug mode? That seems to be one of the steps you left out. Don't get me wrong, I'm not an Android user yet...but I've been doing my research...lots of research haha.

shashankmittal

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
1. Installed Motorola drivers on my Win 7 x64 machine.
2. Connected Atrix in USB Mass storage mode (with USB debug enabled).

Is AC Sideload Wonder not compatible with Atrix or Win 7 x64?

OK, I guess I didn't know this. The USB connection needs to be setup for Windows Media Sync, and then only Sideloader works. I was able to successfully install an app :)

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I just clicked on "None" or something like that. I didn't use the Windows Media Sync. Either way, sideloading works fine on the Atrix.

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
How to enable SideLoading on the Atrix ?
I've already asked who managed to do it on XDA ,but didn't tell me !
The SideLoading & the price will determine where imma get my Atrix (US or UK) ?

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm a nooooob, so bear with me. For some reason, after I installed an SD card, the side load wonder machine shows that my phone is not speaking to my computer via usb. I can see it in my devices list and I can drag and drop from my computer to my phone, but the side loader wonder machine shows an error, device cannot be found. What am I doing wrong? I have the USB mode set to None, but I don't have it set to debugging because I can't find that option. Could that be making the difference?

Thanks for your help...

<edit> I forgot to mention that I reinstalled all the drivers from Moto's site, though I didn't think that was necessary since I've been charging my phone via USB with my computer and dragging and dropping files, without a hitch. My computer is talking to my phone, but the side load wonder machine doesn't appear to be talking to my phone.

Last edited:

tsnum4

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
but I don't have it set to debugging because I can't find that option. Could that be making the difference?

yes, i think so.

goto menu>settings>application settings>development>and there it is :D

I do not have an SD card in, but I had no issues using SWM and I to am a noob. good luck!

Reactions: tunie

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm a nooooob, so bear with me. For some reason, after I installed an SD card, the side load wonder machine shows that my phone is not speaking to my computer via usb. I can see it in my devices list and I can drag and drop from my computer to my phone, but the side loader wonder machine shows an error, device cannot be found. What am I doing wrong? I have the USB mode set to None, but I don't have it set to debugging because I can't find that option. Could that be making the difference?

Thanks for your help...

Since your SD card is seen as a disk drive, much like a USB thumb drive, you are able to move files back and forth. Just as tsnum says below turning on debugging mode should help. if it does not then your drivers are not installed properly.try finding the proper drivers and installing them.

yes, i think so.

I do not have an SD card in, but I had no issues using SWM and I to am a noob. good luck!

Reactions: tunie

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
yes, i think so.

Sheesh...it was the debugging thing. You were right! I'm so ashamed. Like I thought I could just skip a step and everything would be fine and to make things worse, I had to go and reveal my impatience and ignorance in public! Just great :-[

Thank you. It's working like a charm. :)

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Since your SD card is seen as a disk drive, much like a USB thumb drive, you are able to move files back and forth. Just as tsnum says below turning on debugging mode should help. if it does not then your drivers are not installed properly.try finding the proper drivers and installing them.

Yes, I can see that now. :-[ Well, I reinstalled all the drivers just in case, so at least I know they're ok. I looked all over for where to find the option to set the usb to debugging, but I couldn't find it so, out of frustration, I posted in here. Typing before thinking.<kicking myself> Thank you so much for your help! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781