Themes with launcher pro?

knappkd

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Will it be possible to use LauncherPro to skin on the atrix? If possible, won't this hide motoblur? Sorry about the noob question, but I am still on iPhone and looking for my first android phone. I really like all aspects of this phone, but I have to be able to customize it with themes and video backgrounds. Thanks in advance for the help.

andrew53517

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
ADW is the one with themes for the launcher. LP doesn't have anymore than like 5 I believe... But I'm positive with ADW having about over 250+ themes for the launcher.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
adw relies more on themes but can just be a launcher reskin launcher pro is just a launcher reskin you can use custom icons and docks and change it how you want. there will be people who swear by adw and others who only use launcher pro they are equally as good but check with other owners of your device because some play better with others. And yes while this replaces some of blur it is still integrated into messaging/contacts/ and other native apps which in my opinion is the only thing wrong with android that we cannot disable these companies launchers or its not all just vanilla android with theres on top that we can remove. and yes i know through rooting and launchers it is possible i just mean it would be nice to recieve updates all at the same time and i hope google learns that. sorry just my .02

dtboos

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Launcher Pro and ADW Seem to be the unanimous favorites. I myself use Launcher Pro and love it. Simple, great looking, works great, and the features are perfect.

And for your initial question, yes. The launcher replacements (any of them) will replace your stock home screen/launcher, which will hide motoblur / sense ect.

stoli412

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
And for your initial question, yes. The launcher replacements (any of them) will replace your stock home screen/launcher, which will hide motoblur / sense ect.
It's just very important to keep in mind that Motoblur, Sense, TouchWiz, etc go deeper than just the launcher. They all change the core apps (messaging, dialer, contacts, calendar, browser, etc) to a certain extent, some more than others. You WON'T be able to get the stock Android apps just by changing to Launcherpro or ADW. The only way is to change your ROM, which may not be possible on the Atrix.

That being said, I'll repeat that Motoblur doesn't mess TOO badly with the core apps. This is compared to Sense which fundamentally changes how you interact with most of the core apps.

dtboos

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The Motoblur on the X, atrix ect is a fairly "light" overlay compared to Sense, but yes changing launchers will only hide aspects of it. You won't really notice blur is there so to me its a non issue; it will just be the few bloatware apps the carriers tend to stick on anything not the iPhone that is annoying; and those will require root access to delete.

But trust me when I say the Atrix will be hacked ;p Then you will be able to fully remove blur and completely theme your phone if you desire.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta