Amazon to sell Atrix on February 11

mbranscum

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
http://m.engadget.com/default/article.do?artUrl=http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/27/motorola-atrix-4g-goes-up-on-amazonwireless-150-on-february-11/&category=classic&icid=eng_latest_art

Last edited:
Reactions: mj0528

anon(41845)

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Wow...if this is true - that would be amazing. But I wonder if they will sell the accessories. It is the docks that really make this phone stand out. I hope they offer the docks at a discount. If they sell this phone - I will be so excited.

anon(41845)

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I suspect that if this is true - they will eventually offer a pre-order feature. And since the 11th is two weeks from tomorrow - I wouldn't be surprised if it goes up for pre-order tomorrow.

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
$150 is a gr8 price. If it stays the same when the Atrix is released, I will be ordering thru Amazon.

$150 for new contract, probably not for an upgrade contract. Still, with that price, I think we can say it's safe to say it'll not be $250 from AT&T upgrade.

crea78

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
$150 for new contract, probably not for an upgrade contract. Still, with that price, I think we can say it's safe to say it'll not be $250 from AT&T upgrade.

Oh, I didn't read it was for a new contract. With the Inspire costing $100 after rebate, I don't see this costing more than $200.

Shad0w26

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

New contract and upgrade are the same thing I thought? Bc when you are eligible for an upgrade, your 2-year contract is up. You either have the choice to cancel your account or upgrade. If you upgrade, you get a new 2-year contract.

Battleship

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
New contract and upgrade are the same thing I thought? Bc when you are eligible for an upgrade, your 2-year contract is up. You either have the choice to cancel your account or upgrade. If you upgrade, you get a new 2-year contract.
They used to be priced the same way on Amazon, but they changed it with the Captivate or, at least, that's when I noticed they separated the two.

Speaking of that - for people who were upgrading/extending their contracts, the Captivate was priced around $150 on Amazon when it first came out (it was lower for people with new contracts), but then the price dropped to about $70, then to $45 and then went all the way down to 1 cent for a while.

tawfiqmp

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking it was a price filler like what the Engadget article said. It would be a huge surprise if this phone was under $200 with a 2 year contract.

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Price point should be around $200. iPhone 4 16gb is $200.

iPhone Tapatalk

That is a good point; before the atrix was announced I was ready to spend the 299 for the 32g, so anywhere in that price range works for me. Although the cheaper it is, the more docks I can get! ;)

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

hkklife

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Just a quick heads up on that Patriot 32gb class 10 card, guys. I've got one and it has been a huge disappointment for me in my Droid X. Terrible performance, frequent FCs, lockups and reboots when the card is being accessed etc. Performance is awesome in my PC or my digicam but it just does horribly in Android devices. I also tested it on a buddy's Fascinate and it was giving all kinds of problems too.

While it's possible I just got a bad card, the reviews on Newegg and on other Android forums aren't too encouraging thus far. I'm going to try and RMA or exchange the card. Between Newegg and Patriot, hopefully someone will help me out.

Here's on thread where I reported my findings along with some others:

Anyone packing a 32gb sd card?