Question: If I ROM the Atrix will i still be able to use it as a webtop?

I would like to see the cyanogen rom for the atrix have the ability to still use it as a webtop. Would it even be possible to make a ROM that would incorporate that source code?
    01-28-2011 02:34 PM
    Hmmm that is a good question; surprised no ones brought it up here.
    01-28-2011 02:46 PM
    It came to me in a dream last night...
    01-28-2011 02:49 PM
    Can it run both ? Stock 2.2\2.3 With MotoBlur & cyanogen 6+ ? like the HTC HD2 (which can run fully functional Android 2.2 with Sense , Windows Phone 7 & original Windows Mobile 6.5)
    01-28-2011 04:18 PM
    Can it run both ? Stock 2.2\2.3 With MotoBlur & cyanogen 6+ ? like the HTC HD2 (which can run fully functional Android 2.2 with Sense , Windows Phone 7 & original Windows Mobile 6.5)
    That would be too cumbersome to dual boot. It would be nice to have it all in one bootable rom.
    01-28-2011 04:33 PM
    I'm going to guess and say no, at least not easily. It's an app, but it probably has calls or something to parts of the system that Cyanogen mod doesn't have. Just like you might lose things like FM radio or 4G on these CM Roms.

Of course, that's just a guess, who knows, may be easily ported
    01-28-2011 05:26 PM
    The webbook feature is not mearly an "app" its a linux based operating system that runs in parallel to froyo. I wanted some feedback as to whether or not it can be integrated in cyanogen mod.
    01-28-2011 05:59 PM
    If it's not an app.. there will have to be something that has to be created (sorta like a patch) to keep it while also being able to ROM the OS. Either that or making a ROM that duplicates the moto software... Easier said than done.
    01-29-2011 01:31 AM
    The webbook feature is not mearly an "app" its a linux based operating system that runs in parallel to froyo. I wanted some feedback as to whether or not it can be integrated in cyanogen mod.
    I assume you are reffering to me since I said the word "app". It looks to be modeled like an app, so that's the word I used. Launch like an app, close like an app, etc. Even if, your right, it's more than an app.

Also like I said, it probably won't right away, because it most likely has hooks in all sorts of places in the stock rom, and removing motoblur (ie going AOSP or Sense if it gets ported or something) will sweep those hooks aside and you lose it. Similar to the fact that you can't simply pull a sense app of an HTC rom and install it on your Droid (as an example), the hooks are gone, it won't work.

Now, on roms based on the stock rom, I see no reason it wouldn't work.
    01-30-2011 12:13 PM
    Now, on roms based on the stock rom, I see no reason it wouldn't work.
    That would make sense, lets hope someone makes a solid rom for it.
    01-30-2011 11:24 PM
    Can anyone with a ROM confirm their webtop still works?
    04-08-2011 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD