Atrix Reviews are Coming In!

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

anon(41845)

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
They are quite underwhelming so far.

All in all I would say that most reviewers are very impressed with the phone itself - but not with the execution and/or price of the laptop dock bundle.

Maybe AT&T did us all a favor by making the laptop dock so expensive. Now we will just get the docks that work best with the phone - the HD Media dock, Vehicle dock and charging dock. Then we can enjoy this ultimate Android device in all of its dual core glory.

I plan on ordering the phone this Sunday. Screw the laptop dock. If Amazon or some other 3rd party retailer sells it for really cheap - I might pick it up...or I might save the money I would have spent on that and get the Wi-fi HP Touch Pad later this summer.

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
As upset as I have gotten over the whole laptop dock deal, I still plan on pre-ordering the Atrix, by itself, this Sunday.

I'm really only wanting the charging dock and vehicle dock. So I'll just pick those up from somewhere else.

anon(41845)

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Did an NDA just lift, or did all the reviewers get one yesterday?

I think that most folks received test units yesterday. Expect to see more info leak over the coming weeks.

I really hope that AT&T ships the phone sooner than March 6th. The thought of waiting another month is just killing me.

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Tough to really review a phone after just 24 hours, but what do I know? :p

You and Engadget agree lol. I do too. I feel most of these ones are rushed just to be THAT GUY yelling "FIRST!"

We take the good with the bad:

"The handset ships with a few preloaded apps: Quickoffice, Vlingo's voice recognition program, and the Blockbuster Video mobile app, to name a few. Of course, you've also got your obligatory AT&T services--AT&T Navigator, AT&T FamilyMap, and AT&T U-Verse Live TV--on there, but for once, you can actually uninstall any of these apps if you wish. No change of heart on third-party applications, as that feature is disabled on the Atrix."

corneliusm

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping gsmarena.com gets a chance to review the device. They do really great reviews, especially with comparing camera results to other devices.

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
All in all I would say that most reviewers are very impressed with the phone itself - but not with the execution and/or price of the laptop dock bundle.

Maybe AT&T did us all a favor by making the laptop dock so expensive. Now we will just get the docks that work best with the phone - the HD Media dock, Vehicle dock and charging dock. Then we can enjoy this ultimate Android device in all of its dual core glory.

I plan on ordering the phone this Sunday. Screw the laptop dock. If Amazon or some other 3rd party retailer sells it for really cheap - I might pick it up...or I might save the money I would have spent on that and get the Wi-fi HP Touch Pad later this summer.

How are you ordering it this Sunday? I signed up for the notification and they're not taking preorders yet. If they are, I'll be pissed.

shaunypat

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm giving SERIOUS consideration to dropping my X for this and saying "Holla" to the Bolt. I'll eat the $75 early term left on my contract, cuz I bought my X on ebay(Thanks, Jerry!!). AT&T is quite solid in my area, on par with Big Red, in fact. This thing looks sick. Oh, and I agree, the laptop dock is like Hayden Panettiere's acting...meh:)