Docks & Accessories Pricing

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
from At&t

atrixdocks.jpg

so yup, looks like those regular docks aren't toooo pricey. Though it does really blow that the damn HD dock is $129.99!!

BUT good news is that the Laptop Dock alone has been reduced to $299.99 (after rebate)

Last edited:

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
And it's really odd that the site says that the Laptop Dock DOES require the 4gb Tethering plan, BUT the HD dock does not.

Don't know how they will know which dock you are using to access webtop, or if they somehow programmed it into the laptop dock to check for the tethering plan.

Needless to say, I won't be the first guinea pig to test that theory out. :(

dandmcd

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Good news is the tethering is listed as a feature, which means it can be removed at anytime on the plan. The laptop will definitely work on wifi, this has been confirmed in the AT&T accessory documents in the store for the Atrix. They are just banking hope that you aren't smart enough to remove the tethering feature and will keep it while they rake in cash.

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Good news is the tethering is listed as a feature, which means it can be removed at anytime on the plan. The laptop will definitely work on wifi, this has been confirmed in the AT&T accessory documents in the store for the Atrix. They are just banking hope that you aren't smart enough to remove the tethering feature and will keep it while they rake in cash.

Usually they make you wait a certain period (90 days seems the norm) and you can remove whatever feature you had to sign up for to get the piece of hardware you were trying to get....

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
And it's really odd that the site says that the Laptop Dock DOES require the 4gb Tethering plan, BUT the HD dock does not.

Don't know how they will know which dock you are using to access webtop, or if they somehow programmed it into the laptop dock to check for the tethering plan.

Needless to say, I won't be the first guinea pig to test that theory out. :(

+1 it is total greed on att's part

terrrrrible

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
from At&t

atrixdocks.jpg

so yup, looks like those regular docks aren't toooo pricey. Though it does really blow that the damn HD dock is $129.99!!

BUT good news is that the Laptop Dock alone has been reduced to $299.99 (after rebate)

I'm attempting to order off contract, and I've got the phone listed at $499.99, and the laptop dock listed at $499 in my cart. If you're ordering with a new contract, probably why it shows that price for you.

I'm planning on going down to the store here when it opens later anyway, so I'll just talk to a rep. My main concern is being able to keep an unlimited data plan, and not getting suckered into the tethering plan until I can get the dock.

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Here's the multimedia dock for $49.99 preorder.

Just got one.

Hurry before they sell out.

Before they sell out? You do realize that they don't have any in stock right? And pricing is based off what they are going off of before the product even becomes available so the reserve the right to change the price when the product comes in. The fine print man, you gotta read the fine print.

tawfiqmp

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Before they sell out? You do realize that they don't have any in stock right? And pricing is based off what they are going off of before the product even becomes available so the reserve the right to change the price when the product comes in. The fine print man, you gotta read the fine print.

Ok, you're right about the sell out thing. Some sites actually sell out of pre-orders... there's another site that has the same dock for $60 that sold out pre-orders.

The price change may or may not happen.... but if it happens, you still get notified and have the ability to cancel. I would take the "risk" of pre-ordering to possibly getting it for cheaper than retail. So, either way, you win as a consumer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18