NO ONE at AT&T can order Atrix accessories

BuddhaBravo

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered my Atrix Sunday, 4/13. I was upgrading from an iPhone 3GS and thought it was kind of weird that the web site didn't offer me the opportunity to order any accessories or, for that matter, any of the bundles they were offering. Nope, just the phone.

I went back and looked afterwards. Accessories were only offered on the ordering page for new customers. A chat box popped up while I was looking around so I asked the rep if she could help me. Her response was that no accessories were available. When I pasted the link in the chat window showing they were available to new customers she kindly offered to look up the phone number for customer service for me. This took her about five minutes. And it was the wrong number.

So I tracked down the number myself and gave 'em a ring. I talked to at least four different people in different departments before one frustrated guy told me that they just weren't available through his system. His supervisor suggested that I phone them, from my Atrix once it was activated, and they would overnight the accessories to me at no cost. We'll see.

Browsing the accessories page on AT&T's web site shows "There are no compatible accessories for this selection" when the Atrix is chosen.

So, if they're available for new customers then why is it that NO ONE at AT&T is capable of placing an order for these things. Really, try yourself. It can't be done.

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the car dock and screen protector when I ordered mine. I will say though, I did order mine through Premier, and over the phone...although the accessories did appear online when I went to check out. That was when the Premier website was hosed and wouldn't let me actually checkout.

I just feel like AT&T's website is as screwy as their service. It works great for some folks and others can't get anything done. They just aren't very well put together. They couldn't give me a straight answer about the data plans. At first the lady told me her supervisor told her that I had to give up my unlimited data plan and pay the $45 for the 2GB w/Tethering. I told her that her supervisor was crazy. She finally relented and let me just order the phone without changing my data plan.

spoiler61

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
The att store i was at yesterday had accesories out for sale ie cases and car chargers are all seen though. Nice otterbix cases. Wish i could get ine for my inspire.

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
She offered to sell me the otterbox after i preorded the atrix, i could have bought it right then and waited for the phone to arrive to use it but i am going of hold off until the atrix arrives.

tpthatsme

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I tried to order the Atrix twice on 2/13 and it failed both times. I did have the option to order accessories, but for some reason the transaction didn't go through. On 2/14 I went to the AT&T store and they were able to order the Atrix with accessories. Seems like BuddhaBravo is the only one with a problem. Good news with my order because it moved from Out Of Stock to Ordered.

corneliusm

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
On a side note: when I spent a couple hours with several AT&T, at least a couple of them told me that they were ordering the phone as well. The guy at the store told me that after seeing it in person, he's getting one too.

It's going to be a very popular device. Preordering was a good choice...

Reactions: mustafu and Offset

BuddhaBravo

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I went to my local AT&T store this afternoon and ordered the car dock and the Multimedia dock with no problems at all. I don't know what was going on this weekend. I've already received notification that the card dock has shipped!