"Sure. We have them in the back, you can have one today"!!!

Dbl Heelix

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, long time lurker but today's events are a must post. So after all the CES and MWC coverage I decided it was time to lay my HTC FUZE(yeah I know) to rest and upgrade to the Atrix. So I pop down to my local AT&T COR store, sign the sheet(Is this the doctor's office?!?!?), and wait to be served.

One of the sales reps finally calls my name, I tell her I want to upgrade to the Atrix, and off we go. As we are walking to her station she asks the manager...."Can he pre-order the Atrix in-store? He's upgrading.". The manager replies..."Sure. We have them in the back, you can have one today" What?!?!? All I can think is "I AM ABOUT TO BE A ROCK STAR!". So the manager disappears to the back/stock room while the rep starts the process on her computer. 2 minutes later the manager walks through the stock door onto the main floor...she has a box in her hand...she's getting closer...wait for it...wait for it...."Here you are sir"...and the box reads - HTC INSPIRE - ...Arrgggggghhhh!!!!...FALCON PUUUUUUUUUUNCH!!!!...HULK SMAAAAAAASH!!!

Now for the kick in the nuts: I very politely say to the manager, "That's the HTC Inspire you have, I'd like The Motorola Atrix". She responds, "Oh that won't be out in until March 6th, but you can pre-order today". Really? Really?!?

You know that video where the guy thinks he's won the lottery, but his friends are really playing a prank on him?...Yeah, not so funny. At least I'm pre-ordered w/my unlimited data...Woot!

Dbl Heelix

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm usually a really measured person. I guess it never occurred to me that she could be mistaken. I've done so much research between CES & MWC to find the perfect Android phone for myself, I just figured the Gods of Mobildome were rewarding me :). Honestly, I'm just glad I pulled the trigger...I'm in the club :cool:.

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Now for the kick in the nuts: I very politely say to the manager, "That's the HTC Inspire you have, I'd like The Motorola Atrix". She responds, "Oh that won't be out in until March 6th, but you can pre-order today". Really? Really?!?

Similar thing happened to me today:

Dad: There is a package from att at the door...
images

Me: What??
Dad: There is a box in side...
Me: Lemme open it!!!
Me: RAGE!!!
Me: F-word... what is this??
Dad: Oh... thats the AT&T home manager replacement I ordered a month ago.
Me:F-word
Me:I thought it was my atrix!!!!
RageFace2.png

Dad:Sorry?

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Bahahaha!!!! I love these stories. It keeps me sane. Oh BTW, I'm on travel for business on Feb 22. Feb 21 is a federal holiday, so I have no idea if they deliver on a federal holiday. This means it'll have to come either Friday or Saturday, and since it still says back-ordered/processing, I'm guessing that'll be a no.

So if it does indeed release on Tuesday (which is a weird day to release a phone), I'll be canceling my pre-order and just picking one up on travel from a local COR store.

ihatetextisaac

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Similar thing happened to me today:

Dad: There is a package from att at the door...
images

Me: What??
Dad: There is a box in side...
Me: Lemme open it!!!
Me: RAGE!!!
Me: F-word... what is this??
Dad: Oh... thats the AT&T home manager replacement I ordered a month ago.
Me:I thought it was my atrix!!!!
RageFace2.png

Dad:Sorry?

Biggest POS rage comic I've ever seen...

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
It's all about Kirby man. There was always that cheap move where you would eat the guy then fall off the edge....

Yeah, and when my friend was Donkey Kong he had that move where you can grab the player and then walk off the edge, lol...

So in reality the only real epic matches were a match between Kirby and Donkey Kong, each doing that. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol