Motorola Atrix Pre-Order

chiratsu

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
I am a AT&T iPhone Customer since 04/10 and according to my upgrade eligibility I am able to get an iPhone upgrade by 04/11.

And I was able to pre-order Atrix for $199

My question is, was this a mistake and will AT&T end up charging me full price or cancel my order.

Or will it ship?

Thanks for anyone that can clarify this for me.

Vic Nebulous

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I am a AT&T iPhone Customer since 04/10 and according to my upgrade eligibility I am able to get an iPhone upgrade by 04/11.

And I was able to pre-order Atrix for $199

My question is, was this a mistake and will AT&T end up charging me full price or cancel my order.

Or will it ship?

Thanks for anyone that can clarify this for me.

I am also due for an upgrade in April, and also pre-ordered on 2/14 at the $199 price. Received order confirmation e-mail, etc., and the online rep I texted with said that that was my price. Glitch in the system or not, they got me to re-up for two years before it was time, and they got me to fork over two bills, so they should be happy.

Let us know if you learn otherwise. I am planning to receive it here on Tuesday or Wednesday and will confirm.

Reactions: chiratsu

urbannaja

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't eligible either. But when I submitted the order it said "online discount". When I asked an in-store rep about it, he said it was just that...an online discount, and had nothing to do with upgrade eligibility.

chiratsu

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
I am also due for an upgrade in April, and also pre-ordered on 2/14 at the $199 price. Received order confirmation e-mail, etc., and the online rep I texted with said that that was my price. Glitch in the system or not, they got me to re-up for two years before it was time, and they got me to fork over two bills, so they should be happy.

Let us know if you learn otherwise. I am planning to receive it here on Tuesday or Wednesday and will confirm.

Exact same thing happened to me, I jumped on it fast! I also received the order confirmation but I cannot locate the order just yet, are you able to do it?

If you hear anything please let me know as well!

I have an iPhone 4 32GB that I will gladly sell for the Atrix.

chiratsu

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
I wasn't eligible either. But when I submitted the order it said "online discount". When I asked an in-store rep about it, he said it was just that...an online discount, and had nothing to do with upgrade eligibility.

Mine was upgrade price $199 I did not get any online discount.

DFW

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Mine was 149 but I had to pay an $18 fee and take another 2 yr contract.
I wish that the phone had everything the Droid X has plus the dual core benefit.

ggong5150

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm due for an upgrade on 6/25, and it allowed me to preorder at $199, but decided not to pull the trigger on it just yet. I bought the Inspire on release day off contract and gonna wait and play with an Atrix demo before I possibly buy.

chiratsu

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm due for an upgrade on 6/25, and it allowed me to preorder at $199, but decided not to pull the trigger on it just yet. I bought the Inspire on release day off contract and gonna wait and play with an Atrix demo before I possibly buy.

I called in to ask the status of my order as it has been over 7 hours and the lady on the phone (611) said the order is under review and I will receive an email regarding the status soon. Here's to hoping they don't cancel it because its is upgrade way before its time :|

chiratsu

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
I don't think they will ship my order. One of the rep just said they will cancel it if you aren't eligible.

I am not sure why they even allowed the order to go through in first place. This is beyond lame. got excited for nothing.

Oh well, I will just buy it out right.

If anyone else gets it, more power to you!

tawfiqmp

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Don't listen to them. It will ship.

1) Don't call them about it.

2) Check your contract date now for the line you upgraded with the Atrix pre-order. It should have extended by now (if it hasn't, then give it some time)

3) It's technically a glitch that AT&T doesn't know about (and this is what I've gathered since the day pre-orders started until now) and it's pretty much a golden deal.

4) I also believe it's a pre-order glitch because you cannot get any other phone that's already been released at a subsidized upgrade price so I think once the pre-orders are gone and the phone actually comes out, the system will be back to normal charging you $400 for a extended 2 year or $500 for off contract.

Again, don't call AT&T about it. I've already gotten my email that it'll ship on or before March 6th. Everything is looking good.

Just don't listen to AT&T when they say they'll cancel or add another line or anything like that, they're just bull****ting.

dLo GSR

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
i wish i had your guys' luck; my upgrade is on 3/10 and it has been showing as $399 off-contract as the only price since day one :(

chiratsu

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Don't listen to them. It will ship.

1) Don't call them about it.

2) Check your contract date now for the line you upgraded with the Atrix pre-order. It should have extended by now (if it hasn't, then give it some time)

3) It's technically a glitch that AT&T doesn't know about (and this is what I've gathered since the day pre-orders started until now) and it's pretty much a golden deal.

4) I also believe it's a pre-order glitch because you cannot get any other phone that's already been released at a subsidized upgrade price so I think once the pre-orders are gone and the phone actually comes out, the system will be back to normal charging you $400 for a extended 2 year or $500 for off contract.

Again, don't call AT&T about it. I've already gotten my email that it'll ship on or before March 6th. Everything is looking good.

Just don't listen to AT&T when they say they'll cancel or add another line or anything like that, they're just bull****ting.

Been over 24 still nothing on Order Status Page.