could someone please take a couple minutes to explain kernels and roms and such?

js6218

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm so so sorry because I'm sure that someone has posted here before about something like this, but I can't seem to find a thread. I'm trying to decide whether to purchase the motorola atrix or the htc inspire 4g. I've heard that the best thing about the inspire is the fact that it has got the HTC Sense skin on it , but the Atrix comes with Motoblur. What are kernels and roms, and how do they relate to skins? Would it be possible to put HTC Sense on the Atrix after it comes out? Is the Atrix really going to be worth $100 more just for what looks to be a better battery, a front facing camera, and dual cores (Again, what exactly does that mean?) for a 17 year old? Thank you so much for reading this.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
DAHHH Nanite Question!!!

Welcome to the Atrix forums.......please use the search function next time:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/motorola-atrix/60874-new-android-question-about-bootloader.html

There are 2 things that drive me absolutely insane:

1) Picking on new guys.
2) Telling people to search. Based on years of experience, being in forums, you are never going to put a dent in the people not searching problem you are trying to solve, so you're better off either helping or zipping it.

feel free to delete this thread now, mod!

I added a root/hacks/roms subforum to this forum a few days back. It's lacking content, because some of the stuff we will not know until the phone is released.

In the meantime, there's this informative article that will teach you the basic concepts of rooting and why you would want to do so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool