Atrix 4G Rooted !

defdrums

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
This is the best news yet. I was a bit worried that it wouldn't get rooted. Is there a possibility that the released version will be different? And therefor have to wait for a new root?

waltercln

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
can someone give me a brief what does rooting do? I'm fairly new to android switching from my iPhone, just pre ordered today!!

i don't like custom roms or over clocking a phone or anything, so i guess this rooting has no benefits for myself. However, it's nice that people have the options now.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Also new to Android, coming from BlackBerry.

Does this mean I'll be able to not use Motoblur and use Android how Google made it?

Actually, you could do that even if the Atrix was not rooted, by simply downloading a 100% free app from the Android Market. You have a few options, but the main two apps which do this are called "LauncherPro" and "ADW Launcher". Like I said, both are free to download. They replace your motoblur "home" in favor of what most people (though not all) think is a better way to organize things over motorola's ideas.

Rooting just means you are now a superuser who can delete the "bloatware" AT&T will have put on your phone when you receive it, like AT&T Navigator, etc, which take up space and clutter up your app list and everything. If you have Vista/Windows 7, it's kind of like being the Administrator rather than just a user, I guess.

Effington

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
OK, this is definitely good news - but I'm also new to Android. How do we root our own phones? Are there instructions somewhere? Or it is an app?

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Actually, you could do that even if the Atrix was not rooted, by simply downloading a 100% free app from the Android Market. You have a few options, but the main two apps which do this are called "LauncherPro" and "ADW Launcher". Like I said, both are free to download. They replace your motoblur "home" in favor of what most people (though not all) think is a better way to organize things over motorola's ideas.

Rooting just means you are now a superuser who can delete the "bloatware" AT&T will have put on your phone when you receive it, like AT&T Navigator, etc, which take up space and clutter up your app list and everything. If you have Vista/Windows 7, it's kind of like being the Administrator rather than just a user, I guess.

Well, looks like we won't have to root to delete bloatware!!!
At&t Bloatware is Removable - xda-developers
:D
Heck, at this rate, I might just not even root my phone for the foreseeable future.....with LP Pro + easy deleting off AT&T bloatware + sideloadingwondermachine + upcoming gingerbread update :happydance:

Reactions: electricelm

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance