AT&T Store.

area223

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
So my local AT&T store has all the Atrix stuff set up, laptop dock and other stuff. But no Atrix (I know its not out yet) but shouldn't they save the stuff for the release? And they didn't even no when it was coming out. What even?

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Why would you save display materials for release when the release date is in 2 days?

As for them not knowing when it was coming out, that's on that particular store. Many people have said that stores they talked to knew the release date.

area223

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Why would you save display materials for release when the release date is in 2 days?

I just haven't seen a company do such a thing. Like if they had pictures on the window, I can see. But the laptop, They're better off with a dummy if they can't do anything with it.

urbannaja

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Why would they "save the stuff for release"? Assuming they have the display space, what would they accomplish by keeping it in storage?

By putting them out early, they help create awareness for their new, expensive devices. They might even get some overanxious people to buy them ahead of time (and then they can order more and sell more). That laptop case looks very solid, and very attractive, so it's DEFINITELY good to have it out early even if they can't demo it. Hell, it even saves time to set up the display ahead of time as well. There's every reason for them to put it out.

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I just haven't seen a company do such a thing. Like if they had pictures on the window, I can see. But the laptop, They're better off with a dummy if they can't do anything with it.

Having the accessories out there especially if they are part of the sell/marketing product is similar to having a banner. And it is essentially a dummy unit anyways cause you need the phone to activate it. So why waste time with a dummy unit, when you can have it out there and then the employee can just walk over, plug in his atrix, and show it off to potential customers.

It's a great marketing tool.

From your perspective, you might as well ask why do they put some working phones in the store?

qwerty1

Banned
Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Not sure where to ask this, but has anyone gotten their hands on the screen protectors available at AT&T stores? I'm thinking about picking up that 2 Pack protector pack available at the AT&T stores for now until Invisible Shield protectors come out for the device. Anyone have experience with these AT&T ones?

ggong5150

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy has the Invisible Shields available for the specific devices on release day. Just picked up the Inspire on release day last week and they had them.

BBQ1

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Not sure where to ask this, but has anyone gotten their hands on the screen protectors available at AT&T stores? I'm thinking about picking up that 2 Pack protector pack available at the AT&T stores for now until Invisible Shield protectors come out for the device. Anyone have experience with these AT&T ones?

What do you need a screen protector for if it has gorilla glass?

tb123

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
In my line of work a phone gets messed up pretty quickly so i have the defender otterbox for my iphone 3g works great it looks brandnew no screen scratches still shiny i have also got the same case for the atrix to give me a good deal of protection

area223

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

There fairly good, my dad has one from them on his Captivate.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463