Fingerprint scanner

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I was excited about this feature, but was concerned when some of the reviews made it seem" challenging" I have to admit, I already have the hang of it. Even after 5 rum and cokes I can get it in the first try 90% of the time, and on the second the other 10%. What an awesome feature!
Are there any other things that you were concerned about but ended up being better than you imagined? The screen is the other thing, after reading about it not being anolled, or whatever its called, I am really impressed!

Scottish

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I was excited about this feature, but was concerned when some of the reviews made it seem" challenging" I have to admit, I already have the hang of it. Even after 5 rum and cokes I can get it in the first try 90% of the time, and on the second the other 10%. What an awesome feature!
Are there any other things that you were concerned about but ended up being better than you imagined? The screen is the other thing, after reading about it not being anolled, or whatever its called, I am really impressed!

I, too, was concerned about the reliability of the fingerprint reader, but it has worked great for me, so far, as well!

More of an annoyance for me is the button action of the power button (the effort it takes to activate it).

TheAspec

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
... More of an annoyance for me is the button action of the power button (the effort it takes to activate it).
I'm with ya. The scanner works great, the push the scanner/button in is taking some time to get use to but I have a feeling within a couple days it will be second nature.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah its actually pretty acurate. I had the parents take a swipe and no go. I did a quick swipe and it was good to go. Hasnt givin me any issues, Just dont swipe to fast and stay in the middle. Youll get used to it.

Dave__C

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Fingerprint reader tips

1. Make sure the way you swipe when enrolling is close to the way you will swipe later on when you unlock. If that turns out not to be the case, re-enroll.

2. Do your best to swipe the pad of the finger across the sensor from top to bottom. Your finger should line up as indicated in the animation.

3. You can actually unlock the phone with a swipe in either direction, up or down. In either case, it must be a "pull", not a push. In other words, start the slide from the base of pad to the tip of the finger whether you pull toward the bottom of the phone or the top.
  • This helps a lot when the phone is docked.

Reactions: electricelm and DFW

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
1. Make sure the way you swipe when enrolling is close to the way you will swipe later on when you unlock. If that turns out not to be the case, re-enroll.

2. Do your best to swipe the pad of the finger across the sensor from top to bottom. Your finger should line up as indicated in the animation.

3. You can actually unlock the phone with a swipe in either direction, up or down. In either case, it must be a "pull", not a push. In other words, start the slide from the base of pad to the tip of the finger whether you pull toward the bottom of the phone or the top.
  • This helps a lot when the phone is docked.

Yea thats what i did and its helps a lot.

Dave__C

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Working great, but can't figure out how to unlock the phone using swipe without having to press power

It's designed that way. You press power to bring the device out of standby. Then you swipe to unlock. Just think of it as replacing PIN entry with fingerprint. If you were entering a PIN, you would need to first press a button to wake the device.

DCad

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I like the accuracy of the scanner as well. I just hope that the scanner itself turns out to be durable over the life of the device and does not lose any accuracy.

Spoonap2

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm kinda surprised how well the finger swipe works. For a moment, i thought it was a gimmick and no security feature. I had my wife try to unlock and it denied her print. Im loving this feature for sure. Good job Moto...

hotleadsingerguy

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I completely love it. It's apparently very accurate because using either hand I get it on the first swipe every time. The only times it hasn't worked was when I swiped right as I hit the button and it wasn't ready, and when I was trying to see if it worked in other ways (like swiping from bottom to top, sideways, etc...) Apparently it works much like laptop biometric readers where it reads a single line at a time instead of multiple. But, like one other guy said, that means you can roll it from either way as long as you go from ball to tip (no pun)

Lason

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
So what happens if you have an Exchange account that enforces a password on the phone???? I'm getting tomorrow...too anxious to find out then :)

You have multiple choices for locking the phone and even with the fingerprint scanner you have to setup a redundant numerical password.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad