Battery life

glk#WN

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I know it is early but how is the battery life so far? I understand the battery life is measured in increments of 10 which is just like the droid x.

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Like a dummy I didn't let mine charge all the way before I started to play with it. I have been on it ALL day and the battery went from 60 to 20 just now. My old 3Gs would have been on life support by 5...

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Like a dummy I didn't let mine charge all the way before I started to play with it. I have been on it ALL day and the battery went from 60 to 20 just now. My old 3Gs would have been on life support by 5...

Same here, haven't charged it yet and have been using it a lot all day since 1:30 when it arrived.

waltercln

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
are you guys sure? what exactly are you doing with it? i think mine is draining a bit faster than normal, and i have most things turned off. Maybe I'm to use to the i4 battery life which i feel was much better. or maybe the increments of 10 are throwing me off.

blown65

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Mine was at 50 or so percent, and after messing with it for hours it was at 20%. My old Iphone 3GS would of been dead in that amount of time easily.

dickr947

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if anyone knows what apps are active and syncing in the background when the screen is blank? On my previous myTouch 4G (not-so dearly departed), I would start the day with a fully charged battery. For an experiment, I did not use the phone all day until 5pm. When I unlocked it at 5, I had 30% charge left. So where did it go?

****r

WilliamC

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Currently it's 2pm and I started the day with the phone at 8am. I've talked for about an hour on it, tried a little browsing, did a lot of texting. 5 hours and 42 minutes since unplugged is what the phone says and I am at 50%.

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Holding steady at 60% and it came off the charger 8 hours ago. I have been using it fairly heavily today, showing it off to people, and even spent almost an hour on pandora via speaker phone. My old 3Gs would have been hurting by now, it would usually be on the charger by 5.

eallan

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
So far: less impressive than I anticipated.

I'm less than 15% and it's only 1:12 pm. Granted I've been using it a lot, but still.

Also, measuring in increments of 10% is absolutely idiotic.

WilliamC

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
So far: less impressive than I anticipated.

I'm less than 15% and it's only 1:12 pm. Granted I've been using it a lot, but still.

Also, measuring in increments of 10% is absolutely idiotic.

There might be a widget or an app that can change that and at least it's something. On iOS we didn't have the battery percentage till 4.0.

I am using juice defender on mine, it's suppose to help extend the battery life.

SoDroid

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Couple suggestions for Battery readings:

1) Battery Left. This will take about 3 days to average your phone use and battery drain, but it will give battery percentage left and estimated time left till dead. Does have highly customizable widgets.

2) Circle Battery Widget. This is a nice widget that will give you your battery percentage in 1% intervals (though it may not at first). I have a Droid X and installed this and it reports my battery life 1% intervals. Which seems strange because if I go to battery info, it reads in 10% intervals. Anyway, it works and looks nice.

3) Battery Monitor. I've never used this one but it shows battery in 1% intervals in the notification bar.

Good luck, I'm very jealous of all of you lol.

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
So I took it off the charger at 6am this morning. I have been using the hell out of the phone today, listened to pandora, used the GPS, and surfed the web and market place. I also talked for a total of roughly 90 mins total. I just put the phone on the charger at 800pm, there is a notification that tells you you are down to 15%(which I thought was odd that all the other battery readings are in increments of 10).
It is the equivalent of what my 3G was when I was using the morphie battery case. Damn impressive in my book.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX