Micro SD card not recognized

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Nothing happens with I put my 8GB microSD. Tried a 16GB as well. Anyone got it working?

check this let me know what it says if anything at all

Settings>sd card and phone storage> is unmount card or format card illuminated or both grayed out.

Sorry if you dont have these options i dont own an atrix

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
They are both grayed out. I tried a reboot with the card and nothing.

pull the card out check the contacts, then put it back make sure you have the contacts facing the correct direction and make sure it is pushed in all the way , sometimes they have a spring load action and you need to push it in till it clicks

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Better bet would be to plug it into your computer and see if windows recognizes it if not its the card if so your phone is jacked. Did the original card work

GenTsoChicken

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm having similar problems as well. I've had the Arix for a week now and its been working fine. I connected it to my PC to add a couple files onto the the internal phone storage. Now my phone is not reading my SD Card. When I connect it to my PC it connects and read without a problem.

I've unmounted and re-mounted both cards. Rebooted my phone a few times and nothing. What else is there to do? I you can see I'm new to this.

mchimney

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm having this issue as well.

Under settings, everything is greyed out for any sd card i put into it. THese cards work in another phone (captivate). When i place these cards in the atrix and then try to see if the computer can even regocnize them, through the phone, the comp only sees the internal storage

Dieter Bohn

Oct 20, 2008
Visit site
I also ran into this problem. Lots of reformatting and trying on different devices.

Finally I figured it out: You have the JAM THE SUCKER IN THERE, almost to the point where you're worried you're going to hurt something.

Once I really pressed and wiggled the microSD card into the slot, it started working. You'll know it's fully in because there's actually a tiny bit of space between the end of the card and the flap that's supposed to hold it in.

vinay427

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I also ran into this problem. Lots of reformatting and trying on different devices.

Finally I figured it out: You have the JAM THE SUCKER IN THERE, almost to the point where you're worried you're going to hurt something.

Once I really pressed and wiggled the microSD card into the slot, it started working. You'll know it's fully in because there's actually a tiny bit of space between the end of the card and the flap that's supposed to hold it in.

I tried this but my Atrix still doesn't recognize the card. Both the options are greyed out in Settings. I can tell the card is in as far as it will go because the little nib extension on the side of the card is up against the metal holder in the phone. There is a very tiny (approx 0.25mm) gap between the memory card and the rubber flap that holds it in, but my phone still can't see the card. Should I get an exchange?

Last edited:

anon(41845)

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same issue. I have tried reformatting and it just says "checking for errors" the same message that I got before I reformatted. I can put the SD card in other devices and computers and it works just fine. I have jammed the card in as far as I can and it won't recognize it. Could it be the phone?

vinay427

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
i had the same issue. i formatted on my PC, Once recognized i plugged it into my phone and started working.. hope this helps

Unfortunately, it didn't work. I tried both NTFS and FAT formatting and none were recognized. :(

I am having the same issue. I have tried reformatting and it just says "checking for errors" the same message that I got before I reformatted. I can put the SD card in other devices and computers and it works just fine. I have jammed the card in as far as I can and it won't recognize it. Could it be the phone?

Do you mean the phone says "checking for errors?" I'm definitely leaning toward it being an issue with the phone, as the same memory card works flawlessly on a Captivate. I tried formatting the card on the Captivate but the Atrix still didn't recognize it.

Any other suggestions?

Last edited:

anon(41845)

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
So after spending an hour with AT&T customer service trouble shooting my SD card issue - they are sending me a new phone. Looks like it is a problem with the reader....not my card or the OS.

nl-cal

May 5, 2011
Visit site

Yah the flap does nothing. I ended up pushing it in using my finger nail you nail breaks you pushed too hard...
Stupid setup. Mines failed once already. Suddenly became ' damaged'...i think my phone got really got one day, someone else had the same issue.
But a for inserting the card, push till you think youre going to break it.

horsefan74

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Nothing happens with I put my 8GB microSD. Tried a 16GB as well. Anyone got it working?

You have to take out the sim card and the battery. Then you put the sd card in. Then put the sim card in. And then the battery. If u cant find it the sim card its right above the battery. I hope that works!

horsefan74

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
You have to take out the sim card and the battery. Then put the sd card in and then the sim card. And then put in the battery. If you cant find the sim card its right above the battery. I hope that works!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood