Qs on the HD dock

dtc100

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
1. How much?

2. All cables included or the HDMI cable purchased separately?

3. What apps and services can you have with the HD dock and Webtop other than pics, videos and music on the phone?

4. If I only use them with WiFi, do I must still upgrade to the $45 plan?

Thanks in advance.

MannyB

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
If you mean the multimedia dock, on the ATT site it's 130 purchased separately.

I'm not sure if a HDMI cable comes with the multimedia dock. I just received my phone and multimedia dock. The HDMI cable was in the box with the phone. There is a charger and a remote in the box with the multimedia dock. I haven't gotten a chance to play with the dock yet, but as far as I know, the Webtop application allows you to use a full size Firefox browser and any apps on the phone in the phone view.

Also it is my understanding that yes you can use it on Wifi only if you do not upgrade to the $45 tethering plan. I kept my grandfathered in unlimited plan when I ordered. There may be ways around this with rooting that others know more about.

urbannaja

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
When you test out the HD dock, would you mind checking on how much/if any, the webtop/firefox scales for the screen resolution? I don't want to buy it and then find that it takes up 1/3 of the screen on a 60 inch lol

funtasticguy

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Manny, since you have the HD dock, I'm wondering whether you can hook up a portable hard drive on the dock and play video files from it?

By the way, I'm a MannyB too since my name is "Manny Burgos"!

Thanks!

-- Manny

MannyB

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
When you test out the HD dock, would you mind checking on how much/if any, the webtop/firefox scales for the screen resolution? I don't want to buy it and then find that it takes up 1/3 of the screen on a 60 inch lol

I'm posting this using the HD multimedia dock in Webtop mode now. It is a full screen size Firefox browser as advertised. I'm not sure how good it would look on a 60 inch, since my biggest tv is only 26 inches, but the picture is fine on my tv. However, applications in the phone view mode might not be as crisp when maximized to the full screen. I played a youtube video using the youtube app and it was a little fuzzy.

To the other Manny, as far as connecting a portable hard drive to the HD mutlimedia dock, I really doubt that would work. I haven't read that they have support for that anywhere, and I'd be a little afraid to even try it. As far as I know, the only external memory the phone supports are the microSD cards up to 32 GB as advertised.

urbannaja

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Direct from Motorola it's 99.99
HD Multimedia Dock for Motorola ATRIX™ 4G

From Amazon its 89.99 (preorder)
Amazon.com: Motorola HD Multimedia Dock for Motorola ATRIX 4G (in Motorola Red Retail Packaging): Cell Phones & Accessories

And...79.99 (preorder)
http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wir...=organic&utm_term=89459N&utm_campaign=froogle

I'm definitely going to get this soonish. The WebTop OS feature is really cool when it's been decoupled from the crazy expensive laptop dock. And it looks like the price is dropping like a rock. I'm hoping to get it for ~50.

Last edited:

dtc100

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm posting this using the HD multimedia dock in Webtop mode now. It is a full screen size Firefox browser as advertised. I'm not sure how good it would look on a 60 inch, since my biggest tv is only 26 inches, but the picture is fine on my tv. However, applications in the phone view mode might not be as crisp when maximized to the full screen. I played a youtube video using the youtube app and it was a little fuzzy.

To the other Manny, as far as connecting a portable hard drive to the HD mutlimedia dock, I really doubt that would work. I haven't read that they have support for that anywhere, and I'd be a little afraid to even try it. As far as I know, the only external memory the phone supports are the microSD cards up to 32 GB as advertised.

The YouTube video you tried, was it a high def video or low res video? Supposedly the phone HDMI port will output in 720p so if the YouTube video is hidef it should be high resolution on the monitor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol