GMail Contact Groups

rickwood

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
OK, sorry if this is a stupid question. But how do I make my GMail contact groups sync over to the Atrix? When I entered my google account info, it synced all of my contacts just fine. But it didn't bring over the groups along with it. How do I do this?

rickwood

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to think this is an Atrix specific problem (Motoblur maybe?). In my contacts list, I still can't see my gmail contacts groups. But I installed Handcent, and it sees my contact groups just fine. Any ideas?

justinangil

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem. It synced all of the email contacts Ive ever emailed to on my Gmail.

You can go into Gmail on a computer, click Contacts, and look for an option that says "Star for Android" for your main contacts.

then go into your Contacts on your phone and just have it Show Favorites.

Hogwilde1

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I am wondering this also on my Motorola Backflip the groups used to sync over to my phone as groups. I am very disappointed that on my Atrix I had to move all 900 of my contacts into the My Contacts group in order to get them onto my phone.

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
you now can choose which contacts to show with the Gingerbread update!

I too felt your pain and actually turned of gmails ability to save address for the purpose of autofill as they were all being saved to my device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz