Notification Problem

JohnnyUtah

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm not getting any notifications when I receive email. I have my corporate email set up with exchange. When I first synced the phone with exchange it showed notifications. The only changes I made were to disable notifications for gmail and added the cal widget to my homescreen. Any ideas?

waltercln

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
had this same problem. after messing with the phone for countless hours i figured out the only way to get push (at least the only way i know)

Go to settings/accounts and add an account, when you do this it has motoblur accounts and it has email as one of them. choose it and set it up. after i did this it started pushing my email.

wish there was a way around this but so far this is what i found that actually works.

Reactions: JohnnyUtah

kumarshah

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Emal -> Menu -> Settings:

Notifications - options to set notifications.

Email Delivery - Data Push should be turned on I believe.

JohnnyUtah

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Now I don't get notifications if the phone is in sleep mode (when screen cuts off after a minute of nonuse). I have all my notification settings in place, anybody have any ideas?

terrrrrible

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Sort-of having a similar problem. I am getting alerts for any emails that go to my inbox, but I have filters set up so that when certain people email me, they go to specified folders I've set up under my inbox. I'm not getting alerts when these emails come in. I don't see any settings anywhere on the phone in regards to something like this. Does it only alert for emails going to the Inbox?

terrrrrible

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
@terrrrrible are you using Exchange email? If yes, I bet it's similar to Outlook where it doesn't notify you...

Yes, Exchange Corporate Sync account. Unfortunate, cause I was used to it with my BlackBerry alerting for those folders. May have to go back to just my Inbox then, and manually sort emails if needed.

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this is the same for exchange as it for Gmail, but in Gmail you can go into settings and choose which labels are synced. Most labels are set as "do not sync" (I've got one person that is the forward king and all his stuff has it's own folder b/c I don't want to be notified). I wonder if this might be part of the problem. Even though you might be able to click on one of those labels and the emails show up for you right now, that is just because when you opened that folder the emails "instantly" synced with your phone.

Good Luck!!!

terrrrrible

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this is the same for exchange as it for Gmail, but in Gmail you can go into settings and choose which labels are synced. Most labels are set as "do not sync" (I've got one person that is the forward king and all his stuff has it's own folder b/c I don't want to be notified). I wonder if this might be part of the problem. Even though you might be able to click on one of those labels and the emails show up for you right now, that is just because when you opened that folder the emails "instantly" synced with your phone.

Good Luck!!!

I see that setting under the gmail preferences, but it's not there for corporate sync. This is probably more of an Android thing than with the Atrix itself. Worse comes to worst I'll just go back to using one Inbox in Outlook, not too big of a deal.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
...since searches now incorporate virtually everything, I tend to NOT use folders for anything. I think moving everything to the Inbox is probably the best way forward :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech